Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Backdraft Engine 17  (Read 2415 times)

NYPD_Nick

Backdraft Engine 17
« on: 14 Jun 2003, 06:21:59 »
I got this idea when playing Driver 2.

How about Engine 17 from Backdraft? I know we already have a firetruck, but it doesn't make the cut for my final version of my mission RPG "Backdraft".

Heres a picture

It looks like it may be a nice addition to OFP :)

Vyper

Re:Backdraft Engine 17
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2003, 21:59:46 »
Hmmmm, don't get me wrong i'm all up for freedom of addon suggestion but the only reason i can see that a specific addon like this be made would be for your mission.....what would it add to the greater OFP comunity?

Vyper

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2003, 22:39:26 »
well... with some clever scripting u could make ot appear to shoot water out of the hose (make a roof mounted nozzle) and then put out fires - well, its an idea
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Vyper

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2003, 18:24:56 »
That it is Mezzy.....just saying not to be so specific with it....just a fire truck would do...its like re-questing an F-16 with the tail number TA-365.......just not worth it, but yea, i like that but will the OFP engine allow fires to be put out? could work with BAS addons.....

Vyper

P.S. I know they can be put out but can you do it by basically "shooting" them?

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2003, 19:00:09 »
hmmm.... not sure - would sure need some amazing scripting... but could be made?
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Vyper

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2003, 20:05:07 »
Yea...i have no idea how but i'm thinking make the Fire a living object.....then have the water cannon as a gun that can kill it.....dunno how you'd stop it killing everything else.....if not then you could just have the cannon as a hoze that pushes everything back.....send people flying!

Vyper

rancor_man67

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jun 2003, 07:45:04 »
Good morning private smith,

Your mission, if you choose to accecpt it, is to break into a soviet military base, and put out the two campfires within. Without those fires out, our grunts wont be able to advance, and we may just lose the war.

;D ;D ;D

Still would be good to get it though.

Rancor.

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
« Reply #7 on: 19 Jun 2003, 09:20:48 »
*Singing
"I'm a little fire engine, Flick is my name
They won't let me put out fires
Isn't it a shame.
Someday I'll be big enuff to fight every flame.
When there a fire in town,
Call a little engine,
Call a little engine,
Flick!"
*close singing

Aw shucks. I always wanted a firetruck.

Honestly, I think fire engines, working or not, ambulances and civvy stuff is sorely needed. Damned good idea!
Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Vyper

« Reply #8 on: 19 Jun 2003, 16:00:45 »
Agreed, civie stuff is needed, nothing like some emergency services in the morning huh? There was an idea about a detective MOD a while back....but generally yea i think average civie stuff is need, sure we got the same car in 4 colours and a couple others but the majority of civie addons are either super cars or choppers and i believe the majority of eastern europian country members can't really afford those...nor many people anywhere for that matter.

But Clink, you make wonderful addons with wonderful scripts, i'm not sure if you script them but if so is it possible to have it work?

Fire Plane anybody?

Vyper