Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "Oi whats that?" A curious guard script.  (Read 1461 times)

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
"Oi whats that?" A curious guard script.
« on: 04 Sep 2002, 21:39:57 »
Ok I have a new black ops mission.  Its a heavily defended base and theres no way to get in without creating a diversion.  So the the blackops can blow somthing up!  Thus creating a diversion and thus making some curious guards leave their posts and going to investigate.  Now the problem is, I dont want to specify the target of the dirversion.  If they want to destroy a gun tower with a satchel they can do that, but also if they want to destroy a nearby petrol station that will work as well.

So how can I do this?  I was thinking having my guards on one of the Guard, Sentry Wps but the description doesnt seem like it can help in this situtation.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:"Oi whats that?" A curious guard script.
« Reply #1 on: 04 Sep 2002, 23:40:50 »
the launch detection script could help there.... check if something has been used and ten gets its posistion - then all you need to do is make the guards move to that posistion...

now of course this will be set off as soon as u place the charge BUT couple this with cheking the combat mode of the guards (are the safe or aware).

so when the bomb is placed AND the guards have been alerted then the guards will run to the explosion....

now... to get that into a script is beyond me, but it shoudl help.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline Ottie

• Members
  • And you think this is personal
« Reply #2 on: 05 Sep 2002, 11:47:44 »
You can do this with a gaurd waypoint, give the guards a guard waypoint and as soon as the guards here the explosion they will come to investigate, you are gone and you can go in the base
If you can't beat them, buy them

Cedaie

« Reply #3 on: 06 Sep 2002, 11:07:38 »
You can do this with a gaurd waypoint, give the guards a guard waypoint

I think thats what he's trying to avoid, it does not seem to work.

hrrm, my dear, this is a difficult one.  I'll get back to you with ideas.

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #4 on: 06 Sep 2002, 13:39:06 »
Guard WPs are not my friend.  This whole thing is for an infiltration objective.  The idea being to sneak past the front line.  Its a multiplayer map so Im leaving the teams options open.  Ive made a clever little part of the fence line to be slightly weaker than the rest, theres a nice hole they can crawl through, but theres a BMP in the way!  Make a distraction somehwere else along the fence and the BMP gpes to investigate.  Or maybe you want to just blast the fence and run trough?  Well place a satchel charge on another part of the fence and try and run through before the guards can come to investigate...  Or maybe you fancy yourself as a rambo, take out the guards at the front gate, and make a dash for freedom!

The only thing preventing me from my lofty goals, is that I need my guards to acctually MOVE, when all hell breaks loose.

Offline Ottie

• Members
  • And you think this is personal
« Reply #5 on: 09 Sep 2002, 11:59:51 »
I can only say use a guard waypoint, it works great for me.
If you can't beat them, buy them

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 12 Sep 2002, 20:25:16 »
Excellent idea, but yes, tricky.  

Have a wee background script checking if any links in the fence have been damaged ... if they have the BMP gets a doMove command.  Also check other likely targets such as petrol station.   And every guard.    

Similarly, if there was some way you could name the satchel charges, you would be able to tell if one had gone off ..... possible in Resy?

I don't know if its possible to check the behaviour mode of a unit, but if it is you could get all the guards to head towards the dude who has just gone "aware" because he saw or heard something.

Background script checking if there has been a change in each player's ammo state:  if there is then something must be happening => guard domove getpos player.

(That's enough stupid ideas - Ed.)

Sentry WPs are  no good to you here.   To be fair, if you have a bunch of guards whose wayponts are move-move-cycle-guard and you synchro a switch trigger (west detected by east) to the cycle WP it would help.   The dudes will set off for your guys as soon as they are detected.  Doesn't work if there's just an explosion though, which is of course the root of the question, but I'd still consider putting it in as a backup and for when all hell really does break loose.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play