Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: CH-47 Ironclad (the true gunship)  (Read 1039 times)

gadolinite

CH-47 Ironclad (the true gunship)
« on: 10 Jun 2003, 07:34:22 »
 8) 8)You will love this one, a Chinook with ironclad textures 8) 8)

???Where do you get these, I could edit them in photoshop, but it would be easier to find them pre-fabed

???Where do you find the 3D model (official would be best) for the chinook (I need a predone one for a base model).

New weapons this chopper will have:

2 gatling cannons on the front (shoots ZSU cannon)

2 gatling ball turrets on the side, maybe one on the bottom (in place of that hole in the floor)

arms (EFAMS) with hellfire missiles (total 24) and FFAR rockets (lots of them)

I will carry 2 of my new atomic bomb (once it it finished and all the bugs, headaches, and frustrations are out, see addon editing for more info)

Facts about the chopper:
The ball turret on the bottom has it's own gunner who acts on his own will (a guy in the squad you have to command while in the turret, how?)

The turrets on the side are the same situation

All the other weapons are controlled by the pilot (just like the V80 hokum)

What about the bustable glass (how do you create in models?)  This has to be on the ball turret on the bottom.

I will possibly (most likely) add (model) an officers quarters (a small room in the back) with a skylight which holds a few guys.  Bustable glass needs to be in the skylight too, and the windshield as well.  

This is going to be a hard one, very hard, all I need is help, some pointers in the right direction, and for me to WORK HARD, which is the only way to get the job done.  

FW200

Re:CH-47 Ironclad (the true gunship)
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2003, 08:56:38 »
First of all.. you can only have ONE turret on a Chopper and only 1 Firing point...

And the CH-47 model is in the CH-47 pbo :) its names CH-47.backup or so.. rename that to p3d and you have a Mlod Ch-47

gadolinite

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2003, 18:25:37 »
so is it possible to have the gunner in one ball turret and the pilot control the other weapons?

eversman

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2003, 23:21:11 »
yeah.... is it posible????
Blackhawk witch two crewchiews firing miniguns.... .

rancor_man67

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2003, 01:31:08 »
I think that a ch-47 ironclad is a great idea!!

I know its possible to have many turrerts, just they would have to be set as a diffrent vehicle which moves with the original. I know its been done, there is a patrol boat out with two turrerts.

Rancor.

gadolinite

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2003, 03:08:15 »
when I load the CH-47 model, buldozer screams at me and says it can't load a  texture.  None of the textures load  How do I get them to load properly?  I renamed the *.backup file as p3d and opened it.  I got the frame of the chopper but not the textures.  What is wrong here?

bigdog632

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2003, 05:07:59 »
they have  the dreadnought
it isnt a gunship as much as it is a bomber
100 2000lb bombs and 20 tomohawks

Eviscerator

« Reply #7 on: 11 Jun 2003, 16:50:09 »
when I load the CH-47 model, buldozer screams at me and says it can't load a  texture.  None of the textures load  How do I get them to load properly?  I renamed the *.backup file as p3d and opened it.  I got the frame of the chopper but not the textures.  What is wrong here?

You need to move the CH47D folder to your O2_viewer folder to see the textures, also, if you cant see all of the model in some of the LOD's (in oxygen, not bulldozer), hit Ctrl + A (Select All) and then Ctrl + Shift + H (Unhide).

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2003, 11:12:48 »
so is it possible to have the gunner in one ball turret and the pilot control the other weapons?

No.

gadolinite

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jun 2003, 08:23:39 »
If this plan falls through because of the socalled possible and not possible questions turning out to be my bad day (not possible), I will think of other means to make the CH-47 ironclad a unique fighting vehicle in contrast to any official addon.

Plan B:
Remote controled ball turrets, which you have to select using the spacebar like any other weapon.  For example, three hinds are coming at the Ch-47 ironclad from your left, you switch to <Ballturret Left Side> which will move by itself into a position necessary to get a firing lock.  If it can't reach its target, moving the chopper into range (not domain) would get it going just like the 30MM cannon on the cobra or apache; you need a certain area of 3D space for it to actually get a firing lock.  That minigun ballturret will make short work of those hinds.

This chopper seems like an unfair advantage on the battlefield, but guess what, a fleet of shilkas is a formidable opponent.  If they catch you off guard, ironclad is toast or badly dammaged.    

gadolinite

« Reply #10 on: 14 Jun 2003, 06:30:54 »
if it is possible, I will fit an invisible camera on the ball turrets that sees its view point for targeting and project it on a screen that the gunner sees in the cockpit.  Is this possible?