Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Sea demon's mig 29 flare. w/ script perhaps?  (Read 331 times)

Baphomet

Sea demon's mig 29 flare. w/ script perhaps?
« on: 13 Jun 2003, 06:32:16 »
I don't know what exactly it does. However if you've tried(sea demon's?) mig 29. It has a flare that actually seems to detonate incoming projectiles. Now sure. Some of you are too picky to like something like that because techinically it can't differentiate between radar and ir guided projectiles, but still... the concept is what I like... the eventhandler in the cpp:

incomingMissile = "if ((_this select 0)==(_this select 0)) then {(_this select 0) fire ""MIG_Flare_Launcher""; (_this select 0) vehicleRadio ""warn""}";

Basically plays a little warning and fires a flare. Usually if the projectile gets within a certain invisible radius... this is the part I'm not sure about. The projectile hits some invisible bounding box and explodes... the illusion... spoofing a missile into premature detonation. Cool!

I was thinking to make it a bit more useful since I can only seem to find it very efficient when flying directly away from an enemy... would it be possible to make it so that the missile similar to the BAS ECM scripts by TJ, detect if it's a fim 92 or a 9k32 and redirect it within a certain range towards the projectile Mig_flare. Perhaps toss in a bit of a random deviation here or there to make it not flawless every time. That'd be interesting. Some people may note that the bounding box thingy does apply to bullets too... so the skilled sea demon mig 29 pilot could block a few bullets with a flare... to that I say... big fat hairy deal. It's still a cool idea.

I was considering attempting it but alas I always fall short when it comes to trying to do most things with scripts. I can understand what other people do for the most part. It's just thinking of my own stuff is usually not possible.

Homefry31464

Re:Sea demon's mig 29 flare. w/ script perhaps?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jun 2003, 03:20:37 »
I don't have the plane but the overall idea you want to achieve sounds great.