Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A working Railway  (Read 1921 times)

p00_p00

A working Railway
« on: 12 Jun 2003, 15:45:06 »
Can we have a railway track?

It probally would seem probable if we just make some ground textures that look like tracks, make a train model and stick it on a pre-defined track.

I dont know if it's possible but damn itd be nice to have trains carrying platoons of troops from one side of the island to another - and also have missions where we try to derail the train. Might also be implementaion of armoured trains with huge deck guns etc.

Just a thought - and a request to the very talented MOD/Addon OpFlash community (since I cant even use a basic script)

vektorboson

Re:A working Railway
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2003, 22:15:45 »
Hi,

please take a look at our 4th oldest news!

http://www.aef-kampagne.de/english/index.htm

;)

Don't ask for release date...  ::)

gadolinite

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2003, 07:59:19 »
trains are a neat idea, never came to me.

maybe (  :cheers:I wish you very good luck on this one  :cheers:) you can figure out a much better one than the guys on that site can do.

When you do,  8) 8)make big diesel engines (steams are obsolete), boxcars, flatcars with guns, and everything else a railway has got.

:gunman:Snafoos I see in a project like this...

1.Making a decent track that keeps the train "On It" at all times:
I'm thinking you will have to make the track; to the games point of view, is a road, and use domove getpos to control the train's movement.  This is the only way I can think of off hand.  It will travel off the track (most likely) at times.  But there is a better way, all you have to do is figure it out, brainstorm all the capabilities of the config.cpp files and oxygen.

2.Making the track easy to lay:
If the track is not put in in the mission editor properly, the train will go berserk if it is configured properly (jumpy train, or fwd reverse train, and even more could happen).  If not, it may fly off the track and travel like any other vehicle (see snafoo 3 for more info).  

3.If the train is configured as a vehicle (only possible config I can think of for this purpose) it is capable of traveling off road:
The train will do the same thing as a hummer off road ( :beat:bad train, naughty brat :afro:)  I hope to all of operation flashpoint's capabilities you can figure out a near perfect secret to this problem.  If the situation allows it (spontanious bug) the train just might go off on it's own.

:cheers:Once again, I will you luck on this unique project, and I hope it turns out just as well as official addons :cheers:

vektorboson

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2003, 17:16:45 »
@gadolinite

The train is working; there is an easy script to place the rails; the train behaves like a train and if it is offroad it is only driving straight, it can't turn.  ;)

swift88

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2003, 18:03:46 »
i saw that but didnt think much of it???  ???

gadolinite

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2003, 19:44:27 »
 :Psteam is obsolete, use diesel for those great big freight trains, it would make more sense for a modern age.  For Nogova, maybe Nogova Central, for a name.

vektorboson

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jun 2003, 21:28:21 »
:Psteam is obsolete, use diesel for those great big freight trains, it would make more sense for a modern age.  For Nogova, maybe Nogova Central, for a name.

The Koef-2 is a diesel engine  ;)

KyleSarnik

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jun 2003, 21:59:34 »
 :o 8) :D:wow:

Cool. I would love to see a freight train roll by with a bunch of tanks and vehicles and weapons and ammo. Then again I would also want to blow it up  ;D

:gunman:

p00_p00

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jun 2003, 06:11:06 »
Train with platforms filled with choppers, tanks and ammo = Very Cool

Derailing that train = Very Very Cool

Reliving the Goldeneye experience when Bond puts a tank on the rail vs that big MUTHA Armoured Train = SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT

Hence I feel OPF is meant for us to relive great movie scenes - well you will always see me reffering to a great movie scene when theirs a new addon idea! :D

KyleSarnik

« Reply #9 on: 14 Jun 2003, 21:34:32 »
hehe

ya you could make a mission were you have to stop an enemy supply train.

The train is heavilly gaurded. They have machine guns, artillery, tanks, and a whole bunch of infantry on board. So how do you stop it? BLOW UP THE BRIDGE! :gunman: :gunman:  8)

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 15 Jun 2003, 21:28:14 »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................  I'd love to see boxes of ammo and fuel blow up while the train is derailed. The drop command was great..... flying fire!!!!!!! Somebody do this; an do it good.
I wish I had O2 and cud do addons. :(

vektorboson

« Reply #11 on: 15 Jun 2003, 22:52:13 »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................  I'd love to see boxes of ammo and fuel blow up while the train is derailed. The drop command was great..... flying fire!!!!!!! Somebody do this; an do it good.
I wish I had O2 and cud do addons. :(

Well, then why don't you download O2?

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/breathe/

And here are some O2 tutorials:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/brsseb/

swift88

« Reply #12 on: 15 Jun 2003, 22:56:11 »
brsseb's tutorials are legendary !!!   ;D

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: 17 Jun 2003, 00:09:11 »
The last few times I tried downloading O2 it didn't work - bad zip... I'll try again though thx. ;D

Commando

« Reply #14 on: 20 Jun 2003, 13:06:49 »
do you guys think it will be easier to add your own addons and stuff to a island with the new Bis Visitor tool? If thats so I would like to add trains on my islands in the future.  :DI just have to read the tutorial and setup visitor and O2 and get started on something.

you can find Visitor at http://www.flashpoint1985.com/breathe/

Hope you guys could release a small beta of the train this summer perhaps ;)