Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Problem with artillery script  (Read 998 times)

Offline Wildebeest

• Contributing Member
  • The time the wildebeest ruled the Earth.
Problem with artillery script
« on: 11 Jun 2003, 12:17:57 »
Hi, I've been playing around with Greg Sheka's great artillery script for a little while and no matter how I try I still can't make it throw handgrenades or grenades - something that makes smaller craters - at me :(

The line in the "on activation" field looks like this: [Barrage,"Shell73",50,50,100,300,0,.7] exec "BarrageArea.sqs"

I thought you could change that "shell73" to whatever you want, like "grenade", but it won't work, plz help, yer the best :)
Weeee...

deaddog

Re:Problem with artillery script
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2003, 18:02:34 »
I've played with this script before and it does work.

The most important part is "Barrage".

Do you have a trigger or unit or gamelogic named this?  This is the destination of the barrage.  Try changing "barrage" to "player".  This will center the artillery barrage on you!!  You should be able to replace "shell73" with "grenade" or any other ammo type.

Stalker

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2003, 19:12:19 »
Do you have a trigger or unit or gamelogic named this?  This is the destination of the barrage.  Try changing "barrage" to "player".  This will center the artillery barrage on you!!  You should be able to replace "shell73" with "grenade" or any other ammo type.
"Grenade" won't work 'cos there is no "grenade" in OFP. Only "handgrenade"

deaddog

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2003, 21:08:36 »
"Grenade" won't work 'cos there is no "grenade" in OFP. Only "handgrenade"

I've used "grenade" many times with no problems.  Maybe it comes from an addon.  I have so many it's hard to tell.  I'll try it on my other computer which has almost no addons.  I'll even remove the ones it does have to test this.

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 12 Jun 2003, 00:55:46 »
"Grenade" refers to the grenade that is launched from the M203 or Russian underslung grenade launcher. (Ammoname: "GrenadeLauncher", Object name: "Grenade")

I'm not sure why it's not working, as I use it all the time... :o