Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A vehicle that is NOT a vehicle  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
A vehicle that is NOT a vehicle
« on: 10 Jun 2003, 14:29:21 »
 ;D confused? You wont be.

OK. Dear addon makers this is an urgent request from me to help me complete a sound addon that im working on.

What do I need? I need an imaginary vehicle that I can put the player into that affects him/her in NO way whatsoever

The main issue here is that I need a sound to be heard by only ONE guy in a MP game (and not anyone else on the map) and I think the way to do it is by tricking the game into thinking that you the player is in a vehicle of your own--while you are not.

OK so heres the trick.
While the game thinks u are in a vehicle it allows sounds to be played that only the occupants of the vehicle can hear. AND youll note that vehicleradio doesnt have the "radio SHHSSSS" at the end of the sound unlike sideradio or group radio.

I think if we can sort this one out itll open a whole new door for sound opportunities.

For example--the shell shock script in MP--a grenade goes off and the script  uses vehicleradio to send a nasty ringing in your ears while all your other multiplayer mates laugh at u cause they aint shell shocked and cant hear a thing.

Well waddaya think?

Zay out

thank you all in advance ;D

Below is the sound thread I initially started in. Now I am in addons thread cause I think this can really work but need your help as Ive never made an addon before--but Im experianced scripter.

Oh info on the sound addon Im making

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=9;action=display;threadid=10297

« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2003, 14:34:11 by Zayfod »
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
Re:A vehicle that is NOT a vehicle
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2003, 03:58:49 »
I think camcreate a "logic" will do it and make so only player "if local" executes the script.

Pretty sure camcreated stuff is only heard locally. Ever since createvehicle came out I forget bout camcreate stuff.

[Zay hangs head in shame]

Sometimes you cant see the wood for the trees.

:-X Bahhh

Well ill keep this thread open for a wee while longer just incase anything comes up. If not Ill close it.
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Shaggy

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2003, 06:57:27 »
I am not being sarcastic her, but i know your brain is over working and you might need to slow down and think deeply what words your entering into the keyboard..please explain in more depth and more understandable. I know you are full of ideas and cant wait to type it down :)

Still though, i am not really into making sound addons, but maybe in the future ;)

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2003, 17:00:18 »
No worries mate,

I think the issue is solved without having to make an addon.

Yer--I hadnt had enuff sleep methinks--when I was typing above.

If your interesed  in the subject follow the link above.

Closing.