Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS MH47E  (Read 4498 times)

B-2-0

BAS MH47E
« on: 07 Jun 2003, 14:30:13 »
Does anyone know how to get an AI MH47E to execute the 'Hold position' manouver via a trigger or waypoint?

Also, how do i get the same loon to para-drop a jeep from it's cargo?

Thanx for any help in advance :thumbsup:

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
Re:BAS MH47E
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jun 2003, 14:55:47 »
Thats pretty simple! ;)

For the HOLD manouver;

Place a waypoint of Your choice at the position You want the chopper to perform the HOLD, place a Switch trigger with the condition(s) of Your choice, and synchronize it with the waypoint! Thats it! ;)

Ofcourse You might have to do little extras depending on what You wnna do.

For the para-drop;

If You want something fancy, theres a script and an addon here at the adons depot called attach cargo. It's got a cargo rope and very nice scripts that comes with it. I've adjusted it to my needs so I played a lot with it. If You need help, I'll help You! You can do amazing things with it really!!! 8)
Back to the forest!

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jun 2003, 14:59:12 »
aaah, but captain... the BAS chook has inbuilt Hold function and jeep in cargo function - and i think bravo two zero wants those functions to be used...

well, i dont know how to do it, but im sure TJ (bas scripter) does - i'll send him an mail and ask him to check this thread.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jun 2003, 17:06:43 »
WHAT??

Do I need the Resistance update for this addon??

Can it really carry a jeep INSIDE it??

Interesting!
Back to the forest!

Ace

« Reply #4 on: 08 Jun 2003, 17:10:02 »
Yes resistance v1.91

If TJ doesn't get back within a couple of days I'd recomend seaching the forums for the BAS MH coding. (Its around, the whole lot of it.) Because you can't Un-PBO the addon because it ahs been binarized.

B-2-0

« Reply #5 on: 08 Jun 2003, 21:58:56 »
Ok, i found out how to make execute the 'Hold Pos' manouver...

[choppername] exec {\bas_mh47e_185\fx\holdpos.sqs} in a trigger or WP

Now i need to know how to get an AI squad to fast-rope....anyone know?

Can it be done with snYpir's support pack??

SEAL_Sniper

« Reply #6 on: 09 Jun 2003, 05:16:27 »
Well...having broken apart the .pbo, I found the script for the Group rappel, and the script for the player rappel.  Group is ""airappel.sqs"  Player is "rappel.sqs"  I'll be trying these momentarily to see if they work well

EDIT:  Well, the scripts work as expected, however I'm running into some problems that are a bit over my head.  Considering that I'm about to fall asleep at the keyboard, I'll work all the details out tomorrow sometime.  As soon as I have a 100% flawless solution, I'll put it up.  Oh, and if anyone can fill me in on how to run two scripts simultaneously, please PM me.
« Last Edit: 09 Jun 2003, 06:01:24 by SEAL_Sniper »

Ace

« Reply #7 on: 09 Jun 2003, 09:57:57 »
Its easy to run 2 scripts at once, just trigger them at the same time. In fact you can run 100 scripts (in theory) at the same time.

As long as the 2 scripts don't having clashing commands.

e.g :
Code: [Select]
script1: man1 domove getpos here
script2: man2 domove getpos there

SEAL_Sniper

« Reply #8 on: 10 Jun 2003, 02:26:03 »
Well, I've got it perfect so far.  What I did involved C&Ping the scripts into one script, separating the part of the Hold Position script that tells it to move on, and inserting the two rappel scripts in there.  Now, I'm looking for a script snippet that forces the player to execute an action, or something I can code into the trigger to not let the chopper move on until the player is out of the chopper.  Any help on this would be appreciated.  Thanks

SEAL_Sniper

« Reply #9 on: 11 Jun 2003, 02:34:29 »
GOT IT!  After an hour of toiling, I got it to work.  First, you have to make a waypoint for the chopper w/ this flyinheight 25 BEFORE the dropoff point.  Then, the next chopper waypoint has [choppername] exec "basrappel.sqs".  This script contains half the BAS hold position script, then the AI rappel script, then the last half of the hold position script telling the chopper to move to next waypoint.  Now, the part that I couldn't figure out for the life of me was how to get the Player out without having him select "Fast Rope" from the action menu.  So, I made a Move waypoint for him, with [choppername, playername] exec "basplayerrappel.sqs", which is just the rappel script with a ~20 in the front, to ensure the chopper is stopped first, and a few men are already on the ground.  I'm thinking about lengthening mine, to make the Player the last on the ground as is protocol, but I'll work on that later.  Next project:  Adapting OP: Frenchpoint rappel script for SEB Huey!

EDIT:  I wou't use anything in a mission or release anything without the consent of the model makers.  Playdurising (sp?) isn't my thing.   And I'll ask BAS if I can post the modded scripts on this post.
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2003, 02:36:56 by SEAL_Sniper »

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #10 on: 11 Jun 2003, 02:56:41 »

....I couldn't figure out for the life of me was how to get the Player out
without having him select "Fast Rope" from the action menu....

ahem, uuum... excuse me, m8, but why on earth would you want the player to act like an AI  ???
The whole point in OFP (as I see it) is playing first person & use the action menu all the time.  :o

If you are thinking about cutscenes, then you could just use an "AI-player-clone"
and setPos the real player when the cutscene is about to end (fade to black or whatever).

:P maybe its just me but I really don't get yer point there?!

But to get the player to rappel, all ya need is the "holdPos" the 25m altitude and this code:

[chopperName,player] exec {\BAS_MH47E_185\FX\rappel.sqs}

« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2003, 03:08:42 by Tomb »

SEAL_Sniper

« Reply #11 on: 11 Jun 2003, 04:36:24 »
ahem, uuum... excuse me, m8, but why on earth would you want the player to act like an AI  ???

Well, if the chopper flies off without dropping the player, and all the squad members are on the ground, it makes it kinda difficult to complete the rest of the objectives.  Besides, in my mission, I'm trying to make it as not a cakewalk, but the player shouldn't have to worry about the chopper flying off without letting him out.

But to get the player to rappel, all ya need is the "holdPos" the 25m altitude and this code:

I could have done that, but the most important thing I was trying to accoplish was to get the AI squad members out smoothly.  Objective complete.  

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #12 on: 11 Jun 2003, 09:24:35 »
ah, I see!
(well, I don't but nevermind - ignore this)

:o The important part wuz this:

i need to know how to get an AI squad to fast-rope....anyone know?

Assuming he means fast-roping from the bas_mh47E chopper, I would really really recommend reading the muthafrikkin manual that comes with that beautiful bird. But (also - ) assuming that he & most other folks have lost this manual (read: thrown it away without ever having read it), let's put a summary of what I know right here (no, I cant remember the manual either - doh!) :

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

MH47-E Cargo:
 How to start the MH47-E (cargo) with cargo such as the bas_motorcycle or a
 jeepMG and how to make them drop these when you call them in (or a trigger fires).

KLR-motorcycle instant cargo:
============================
Name the bird & the bike. Then execute the script by putting the following code in one of their INIT fields:

[MH,bikeName] exec "\BAS_Cargo\Crate.sqs"; MH animate ["cargoswitch2", (mh animationphase "cargoswitch2")+0.1]; MH animate ["cargoswitch",0.05]

Jeep/JeepMG instant cargo:
============================
 Name the bird & the jeep. (in this example the chopper is named "MH".)
 Then execute the script by putting the following code in one of their INIT fields:

[MH, jeepName] exec "\BAS_Cargo\loader.sqs"; MH animate ["cargoswitch",0.5]

Dropping cargo:
================

Make a "move" waypoint to the place you want to drop the cargo.
 Then put the following in the "On Activation" field of that waypoint :

This animate ["cargoswitch", 0.75]  

(or use the chopperName "MH" if it's a scripted WP or a trigger).

Chopper Hold Position:
======================

[chopperName] exec {\bas_mh47e_185\fx\holdpos.sqs}

Put that in a WP or a script/trigger.

AI squad rappel ("fast-rope") from the MH47-E:
==========================================

*See bottom of thread*  ::)

Player rappel (for cutScenes):
===========================

(just remember the 25m alt. + the holdPos)  :o

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

summit like that  :)

[mod]:  I found my manual, but Im not sure which version it's from!  :-X The thing is: there's no info for mission makers on how to make a group of AI loons fast-rope!  :(

sorry m8 - guess we'll have to play around a little to find out.

« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2003, 01:03:57 by Tomb »

SEAL_Sniper

« Reply #13 on: 11 Jun 2003, 23:43:14 »
I see your point...but as I still don't know how to make a switch trigger that'll go off when cargo = 0, I needed to use the BAS hold position script.  So I modified it to my needs.  I guess there's more than one way to skin a cat, after all.

But if I can figure out how to make that trigger, then I'll definately just use it how its done in the manual.

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #14 on: 12 Jun 2003, 02:58:30 »
seal  :o :) you can't expect ppl to want to de-PBO / modify their MH47 addons, mainly because not everyone out there knows crap about making addons  :P :-\ and how could we expect them to?

So instead of trying to 'chop' the .pbo into little pieces, I'd recommend a trial & error mumbo testing untill we know how to get those stinkin' AI-morons to frikkin rappel.  >:( ;D

...or untill a nice soul from the team ( ::) ) drops by & give us the proper code!  :-* :)

Tomb sealed.