Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: help with objectives  (Read 1863 times)

vassili

Re:help with objectives
« Reply #15 on: 05 Jun 2003, 20:57:36 »
thanks for the help guys, but im still confused about what i type and where, in the trigger that ends the mission.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #16 on: 05 Jun 2003, 21:19:25 »
@ bizi

analizin...

+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

note - dat 1 is copied from somwere - u can know cuz its writen in english ::)me n ma terrorist group (Macca - asmo - kali...) cant tell deir names ::) attacked nd captured smily refinry in iraq  :o nd while da U.S is seiging us - we r usin all da smilies in our world domination plan

LCD OUT

lol, that was the funniest thing I have ver read since we ganged up on(had to find that expression in a dictionary :P)a guy in a CTI game earlier today.

And heres wathca do fella:

U got yer 3 triggas right? All should have this stuff "1" objstatus "done"(of course replaced by a 2 and a 3 in the two others). Now, triggers are simply beatuful things and if they only could do one thing at a time scripts would have been used a lot more! To split two different commands we need to put out a ";" in the on act box. Easy, aint it? Now do as LCD told ya, u know the "obj1=true" stuff in each trigger, of course u have to put in "obj2=true" and "obj3=true" in the other triggers. Now, we need a new trigger thatÂ'll complete da mission. Put this in da cond box:
obj1 and obj2 and obj3
and choose end #1 as type. The obj1 and obj2 and obj3 means that when these commands are fullfilled the trigger will activate. Hurray!

Kaliyuga

« Reply #17 on: 05 Jun 2003, 21:26:26 »
 All right....  

this code should be in the activation fields of your triggers which will complete the objectives (green check and all that good stuff)

"1" objstatus "done"; obj1 = true;
"2" objstatus "done"; obj2 = true;
"3" objstatus "done"; obj3 = true;

Now.. for your ending trigger.... in the condition field type this:

obj1=true and obj2=true and obj3=true

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #18 on: 05 Jun 2003, 23:55:01 »
lol, that was the funniest thing I have ver read since we ganged up on(had to find that expression in a dictionary :P)a guy in a CTI game earlier today.

u r late :P wrote it som dayz ago ::)

nywayz wat hapened den ? (or mebe u shud write dat in IM ? ::))

@ Kali - wuzut smilies ? put em back in da rifnry ::) ;) (meens - put da links 2 em were i put ma links ;D)

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #19 on: 06 Jun 2003, 00:38:09 »
Now.. for your ending trigger.... in the condition field type this:

obj1=true and obj2=true and obj3=true

Clearly overcome with smilies, Kali's having a brainstorm .... he meant

Condition:   obj1 and obj2 and obj3
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #20 on: 06 Jun 2003, 00:58:54 »
Clearly overcome with smilies, Kali's having a brainstorm .... he meant

yep da smilys r attackin us now ::) :wow:

gotta c it here in iraq - waves of smilys around da refinry

LCD OUT

Babalon

« Reply #21 on: 06 Jun 2003, 01:06:24 »
Let me se ewhat you have done so far.

These guys are telling you about what to put in the "On activation" field of a trigger.

Letme lay out a simple scenario.  Were going to Petrovice to kill everything russian in it.

First off, lets talk about your briefing.  Look up a tutorial on brieifings, do not just iwng it, it needs ot be done in a specific way, so get a tutorial.  Now, make the briefing with everything.  When you get to Objectives, make them.  In our example make one objective named Obj 1, with a description ( so people know what the objective is ) of "Clear out the enemy force in Petrovice".  Then make two endings.  ending one is usualy saying "You completed the mission", and End 2 is something like "You all died, mission failed".  While your at it, make the rest of your briefing.  Save it in your mission folder as "Briefing.html"

OK, step 2,  Make some crusty ruskies in Petrovice to go kill!

So now we have our Objective defined in the briefing, and an enemy force to destroy.

Step 3, makeing the "Objective complete triggers".  Make a trigger.  Do not make it too small, do not make it rediculously large.  MAke it large enough to have all of Petrovice in it, and some extra incase some russians decide ot wonder about 200 Meters out of town.

Now, try to follow me.  Obj1 is stated that all the russians are dead.  So we want this trigger to be tripped when the East forces are not present (dead).  So at the top, set it for activated by Easy, and set it to not present.  Now in the "On activation" field, put

"1" objstatus "done"; obj1 = true;.

Now lets show you this in action.  Preview your mission.  Nothing should happen.  LEts take a shortcut to show you and make sure the trigger works.  Save the mission.  

Now make one russian standing in the middle of a field on the map.  Move the trigger away from petrovice and put it in the field, with the one soldier in it. (make sure no other east units are in it).  Now place yourself on a hill overlooking the soldier, with your weapon of choice, say a sniper rifle or a tank.  Hit preview.  Line up a shot, and kill the russian.

If you did this right, you should be able to now press the "M" key and bring up your map.  and see that Objective 1: Clear Petrovice, is now a green check.

Now keep this in mind too.  HAveing all the objectives completed, does not make the mission end, that is done by another trigger that needs to be activated under certain conditions, that on activation will make "End 1" happen.

For end 2, liek say we all die.  Make sure the only West units on the map are the players, no west AI.  Have the trigger cover the whole map.  Set it for West not present, and on activation, End 2.  So now we all die, and end 2 comes up "Mission failed, we all died.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #22 on: 06 Jun 2003, 01:13:01 »
did he request instruction 4 how 2 make his mision ??? ::)

he only wanted 2 know how 2 make condition field 4 his end triger - i think ;D

i think u were bit carried off ::) ;)

:cheers:

LCD OUT

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #23 on: 06 Jun 2003, 08:17:07 »
Nah, that was a great tute man! GJ! U gotta translate those hebrewan smilys for me, LCD ;)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #24 on: 06 Jun 2003, 11:30:03 »
wich hebrew smilis ?

as much i can c da smileis dont talk ::)

LCD OUT

Babalon

« Reply #25 on: 06 Jun 2003, 18:31:34 »
lol,

Well best way for someone to learn how it works is through a small axample.

In short, You need to define all this stuff in your briefing.  To make it complete you need to have a trigger/switch that sets it to complete/true.