Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: CoC Unified Artillery progress/discussion  (Read 5872 times)

redfox

ABOUT TIME :-P
« Reply #30 on: 26 Oct 2003, 06:53:46 »
About time someone made this. Although a little hard at first (Should of read the manual) what a great addon! Thank you guys so much for this.

On a lighter side I would like to hear more radio chatter, pops and hisses, a little more infromation, kinda like "Roger observer!. System moving to said cords." mabey some background noise: people, computers, gears, men shouting. But other than my own wants It ROCKS!

Torak

Re:CoC Unified Artillery progress/discussion
« Reply #31 on: 26 Oct 2003, 09:51:38 »
But in real life you don't have that much radio chatter; I worked in comms, and in a combat situation you try to keep the talking to a minimum.

I like the pack the way it is - I've always liked the MLRS. Was that bomblet warheads I saw? ;D

Will it work with a full four-unit battery of them?

Mr_Shady

« Reply #32 on: 26 Oct 2003, 12:28:26 »
Just wondering, how hard is it to make compatible units? I'm just keen to see some 2S19s, 82mm mortars and BM-21s supporting the East. Some old artillery pieces would be nice for the Resistance too, stuff like Su-152 and big towed guns  :)

sgtGunneryHighway

« Reply #33 on: 26 Oct 2003, 17:49:17 »
hi everyone !
it is possible to find a complete tutorial for using arty in the ofp editor?
tnx !

m21man

« Reply #34 on: 26 Oct 2003, 18:35:57 »
It's the CoC UA QuickHelp document that has all of that stuff.

Offline Dinger

• Contributing Member
  • where's the ultra-theoretical mega-scripting forum
« Reply #35 on: 26 Oct 2003, 19:43:44 »
Mission Editor resources:

A) Quick Help.  Start here.  This will get you familiarized with UA.

B) mission editing.txt: this has a bunch of tips for doing things like AI control, AI FOs and so on.

C) CoC_Arty_Documentation: this is the master list of everything.  It's a little daunting, but if you go to the function section, maybe it'll be a little clearer.

You can also UnPbo the tutorial missions.
UA02, UA04, UA05 and UA06 each have enemy fire control systems of varying complexity.

UA06 has an observer system.

And you can post to the coc forums with specific problems.

And I"ll probably kick up some templates in a while.

MLRS airbursts a bunch of DPICM bomblets, yes.

We made a design decision with the UA that each MLRS unit be commanded separately.  This is largely because the limitations of OFP make one MLRS plenty powerful.  Other reasons are that A) MLRS batteries tend to be dispersed over a 3km by 3km area of operations. B) a fire mission from such batteries would usually involve separate aimpoints for each launcher, and probably multiple aimpoints.  Even if B isn't the case IRL, the UA MLRS has enough accuracy that it's necessary.

Still, you can put three MLRS units on the map, set up AMC fire missions and launch them all at once.
Dinger/Cfit

Torak

« Reply #36 on: 27 Oct 2003, 19:22:41 »
MLRS airbursts a bunch of DPICM bomblets, yes.

We made a design decision with the UA that each MLRS unit be commanded separately.  This is largely because the limitations of OFP make one MLRS plenty powerful.  Other reasons are that A) MLRS batteries tend to be dispersed over a 3km by 3km area of operations. B) a fire mission from such batteries would usually involve separate aimpoints for each launcher, and probably multiple aimpoints.  Even if B isn't the case IRL, the UA MLRS has enough accuracy that it's necessary.

Still, you can put three MLRS units on the map, set up AMC fire missions and launch them all at once.

I'm trying to stop drooling, but with very little success... Is the toxicity of the exhaust plume simulated, or will troops be able to walk around a firing launcher?

Offline Dinger

• Contributing Member
« Reply #37 on: 28 Oct 2003, 03:31:43 »
A) it is working now.  Grab your MLRS and go.

B) we investigated toxicity and backblast, but unfortunately, it wasn't feasible at the moment.
Dinger/Cfit

calm_terror

« Reply #38 on: 28 Oct 2003, 06:13:21 »
so how does soem one "plug in" other add-ons into the inter face?

is there any plans to add in airsport interface like this art one?

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
« Reply #39 on: 28 Oct 2003, 12:27:08 »
This Addon Is Brilliant CoC

great job

the only thing that would make this better is if u added a shockdust script(if there is such a thing) so that the m109 paladin kicked up a shit storm when it went off and also if it had a sound that made the heavens tremble. :)

Tim writes m109 on his christmas wish list

Thanks

Tim

« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2003, 12:28:57 by Timothy Pink »
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Torak

« Reply #40 on: 28 Oct 2003, 14:37:50 »
A) it is working now.  Grab your MLRS and go.

B) we investigated toxicity and backblast, but unfortunately, it wasn't feasible at the moment.

Hmm, do we have one of those "we are not worthy" smileys on this forum?

Oh well.

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #41 on: 29 Oct 2003, 01:19:34 »
Played with it and haven't found any bugs :thumbsup:

My only little trivial suggestion is to make the impact sounds LOUDER!  Those little thumps, IMO, are wholly insufficient.  We need earth-shattering, eardrum-popping BLAMMOs when those rounds hit ;D

Torak

« Reply #42 on: 29 Oct 2003, 10:37:56 »
YES! We want BLAMMO! ;D

redfox

« Reply #43 on: 31 Oct 2003, 02:11:03 »
The sounds of the shells incoming are SO COOL! When you hear the shell coming in it like "OH yeah bad guys you F'd" Also the far away booms from the cannons/missles. I do think a bigger BOOM when they hit the ground would be nice. But that might just be a OFP engine thing. The dust and stuff being kicked up when something fires is great too. Great addon!

Offline Dinger

• Contributing Member
« Reply #44 on: 31 Oct 2003, 03:43:33 »
must stop messing around...
Dinger/Cfit