Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: a few questions, some WWII mod questions  (Read 701 times)

renegade798

a few questions, some WWII mod questions
« on: 26 Jan 2004, 06:45:41 »
Hi folks, a few more questions:

1.I've searched the forums and found what I'm asking but I still don't understand how artillery barages/indirect fire works.

2.How do rar files work.

3.I placed a machine-gun squad in the editor, when I previewed as the leader of the group I couldn't order the assistant MGunner, to deploy the tripod, I know it's a wierd question, but if you know y it wont work please help.

4.How come planes (that have the crews inside)  take off as soon as the preview starts.

5.How do you give soldiers parachutes.
                      -thanx
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2004, 09:49:14 by renegade798 »

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
Re:a few questions, some WWII mod questions
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2004, 12:33:06 »
1) Standard artillery scripts work by the being given an area to bombard, and then creating tank shells over the area in a random pattern.  Download one and read the intstructions that should come with it.

2) RAR files are just one of many types of compressing files so that they are smaller.  WIth teh correct software you can decompress them and take a look at whats inside.

WinZip will make .zip files, another form of compression, and probably the most common.

WinRAR will make .rar and .zip and about a billion other, my personal favorite and just as easy to use as WinZip.

3) Without knowing what addon you are using, then you'll find help few and far between.

4)  Because a plane on teh taxiway or runway will takeoff automatically when a mission starts.  The intro, is the mission.

5)  A man jumping out of a chopper or plane should automatically get given a parachute.  But just incase, create an Empty parachute and give it a name eg "PChute" then in the init field of your man put;

This MoveINnDriver PChute

The man will move to the same position as you placed the parachute and will wear it.  You will see no visual indication of this.
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2004, 12:38:38 by [icarus_uk] »

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2004, 13:06:53 »
3.I placed a machine-gun squad in the editor, when I previewed as the leader of the group I couldn't order the assistant MGunner, to deploy the tripod, I know it's a wierd question, but if you know y it wont work please help.
If you're talking about Inv44 Demo (I think this will concern all those portable MG adds though...) the MG can only be deployed via scripting...
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

renegade798

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2004, 15:19:11 »
Now I know your going to think, wow how can't he know this, but how do scripts work exactly :-[

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2004, 15:20:53 »
You put them inthe mission folder, and run them from either the mission, a trigger or WP etc, or from the init, or from another script.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2004, 15:24:55 »
Go to the Ed Depot and read

snYpir's Friendly Intro to Code Snippets
Johan Gustafsson's Scripting guide
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

renegade798

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jan 2004, 15:51:09 »
mac, where do you find:

snYpir's Friendly Intro to Code Snippets
Johan Gustafsson's Scripting guide

I looked in the editors depot and cant find them.