Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread  (Read 193393 times)

DeadMeatXM2

Re:Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread
« Reply #720 on: 13 Aug 2003, 00:38:29 »
It is NOT possible to create new hotkey maps, so I'm afraid that no one will be making such features  :(

lt_poncho

« Reply #721 on: 13 Aug 2003, 00:44:28 »
Yes they overwrite them, and I do not think the old ones will be compatible with the new 60s.

No, only the wodland crewchief has cammo, and I do not plan on changing that unless someone finds more that a few pics for reference as I have yet to see a helo pilot wearing anything other than the standard flight suits. I know there are new cammo nomex flight utilities coming out, but I've yet to see pics of them in use. Sorry, but the flight suits will stay for a while. I spent more than a few hours getting them done and making sure the seams line up (more than a little frustrating), and hope to keep them. :)

Awesome - at least there's ONE in Woodland and ONE in Desert Tan ( dude where's my map pocket attached to my leg? - kidding...) because I find in MP games it's nice to have some sort of 'like' terrain camo when you suddenly find yourself no longer in the vehicle your were flying - sometimes not by your own choice too.

Wonderboy

« Reply #722 on: 13 Aug 2003, 01:48:16 »
( dude where's my map pocket attached to my leg? - kidding...)

SOAR do not use map pockets.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #723 on: 13 Aug 2003, 01:54:11 »
Holy dogpoo batman!
I've never had this for another chopper, so I don't know if it's a BAS-added effect, but some little bastard shot a hole in me fueltank.
And I was way out over open water!
Jeesh, I managed to get over land before I ejected, but that was ferking nervewrecking.

Good work on these things y'all.

i think ive had that before on the BIS ones
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Vyper

« Reply #724 on: 13 Aug 2003, 01:55:55 »
Indeed they don't!

The 160th SOAR pilots use special velcro map holograms that attach directly on to their manly stubble...

And if its a woman flying, they just can't use maps! its a very sexist way of map reading but the US Army is trying to actually implant manly stubble int the women so it should work out in the end.

Vyper

bigdog632

« Reply #725 on: 13 Aug 2003, 02:17:37 »
just curious is the new soar backward compatible?

KamikazePilot

« Reply #726 on: 13 Aug 2003, 02:17:45 »
WHAT? Have been living under a rock? Nagual is making an island for BAS. REALLY NICE. Check out the picture of it on the official forum and the video on Naguals page;
http://www.ballistic-studios.com/nagual/

i have been living under a rock and itz cozy

Jujuman

« Reply #727 on: 13 Aug 2003, 03:39:24 »
Just wanted to let you bas guys know i think the BlackHawks are probably the best the the most detailed addon i have ever seen for OFP. Awesome job guys. I used to think no addon could be worth that wait but this one was.

-Jujuman

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #728 on: 13 Aug 2003, 04:06:25 »
RE: DAP CAS.

You can also use the CAS scripting provided in your own scripts, for instance in a Radio
Command you may use this line;
[Chopper,Player] exec "\BAS_MAH60\FX\BAS_CAS.sqs"

Not sure if this will work on a non-DAP heli. If not you can always copy the script and adapt it to a different one.

re: SOAR
Version 2 of the SOARs (The ones with the Blackhawks) will overwrite your old SOAR version. We took special care to ensure that missions made with the old SOAR would still work (hence the number of pbo files). The default pilots of the BAS littlebirds, kiowas and chinooks will be the MP5 equiped ones (without JAM compatiability) until they are updated (and maybe not even then depending on compatability reasons).

SelectThis
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2003, 04:12:02 by SelectThis »

Hit_Sqd_Zulu

« Reply #729 on: 13 Aug 2003, 09:41:27 »
 :D Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work BAS. Choppers are great  .... Great work ;D

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #730 on: 13 Aug 2003, 11:33:43 »
After reading all 48 pages of this thread in one sitting it's evident you can count on Frostbite here to give kudos to BAS and make it sound like I was critisizing the work - dude your lips are numb - all I want to know is if it's possible - it's something evident no matter what vehicle you use, be it BAS or not.

Since BAS and other modder's have extended the vitality of this game they would be the authority on that, no?

And if I were a pilot i'd be very worried if I could open/close the side doors while in flight.
LOL. No poncho I did not want to sound like I thought your message was critisizing the work. I just said it's not possible; to you, and than after that I showed an example of the work that bas did to keep the action menu from filled with useless action. The latter was not aimed at you, but meant as a message in general to everyone reading. I however indeed very often choose the side of BAS, because they do a hell of a job, anb because they get flamed at in the official forums a lot (although it doesn't happen in this forum)

UnderDog

« Reply #731 on: 13 Aug 2003, 14:26:08 »
Hi BAS-Team,

first of all:  GREAT WORK!!  Little Birds/MH47/MH60/Kiowas/Rangers&Deltas. I love them all.

A small question: Are you going to update the Ranger/Delta-Pack to JAM?

cya

UnderDog

PS: After release of SebNamPack 2.0 an Air-pack and an armour pack has been announced. Any progress there??
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2003, 14:27:48 by UnderDog »

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #732 on: 13 Aug 2003, 14:39:07 »
Yes the R/D pack will be (and should already be) updated to use JAM. The old Mags can still be used, though. This is so old missions wil still be compatible with the new pack. They competely reworked the pack; new cammo, new models,updated weapons (new desert textures, for example), ect...

Architeuthis

« Reply #733 on: 13 Aug 2003, 15:38:46 »
Wow, simply amazing!  :o It's THE best chopper available voor ofp and im pretty sure it will stay that way for a long time. Congrats BAS team!

One thing though, do you think you can replace the normal m60 (machinegun) sounds on the uh-60l, with the JAM ones? IF not, then please tell me how to do it.

Arch.

futurehornetdriver

« Reply #734 on: 13 Aug 2003, 15:53:05 »
not to sound ungrateful for the BH pack but I know it's gonna get asked anyway....can we expect the R/D update soon or not so soon ...again GREAT work on the BH pack  ;D