Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: mercenary army  (Read 2317 times)

Kaliyuga

Re:mercenary army
« Reply #15 on: 29 Aug 2003, 23:12:39 »
 Possibly by the middle of next week ;)

mikeb

« Reply #16 on: 29 Aug 2003, 23:13:53 »
(bites his lip in anticipation)

Nice!!!   ;D

Homefry31464

« Reply #17 on: 29 Aug 2003, 23:33:53 »
Look in the addons depot under the tag UCE.  He could texture very well and I believe he made a few mercenary units.

RP

« Reply #18 on: 30 Aug 2003, 03:14:03 »
I know UCE's work Homefry, he's good!

Well we have some ideas for a merc force here, all imput is wellcome :D :D :D

augieranger

« Reply #19 on: 30 Aug 2003, 13:38:46 »
RP, go to the At War website, look for H&k pack One . You have additional terroist, fundelmendelist plus German S.Ops.Namely GSG9.

RP

« Reply #20 on: 30 Aug 2003, 16:36:30 »
i know augieranger, i've got the H&K pack. The weapons are very good, top quality in my opinion. The units are not so good (the badies)  if you look close. Although you get a nice selection of bad guys.

i wouldn't mind to get some of those weapons in a merc pack! 8) 8) 8)

RP

« Reply #21 on: 31 Aug 2003, 20:40:33 »
So, in a mercenary pack i would like to have:

- custom standard uniform with at least 2 versions - woodland and urban (the last one could be black or dark grey).

- good selection of high quality weapons available, without the need for extra downloads.

- good quality textures.

- resistance side, for flexibility.

- maybe a "buy script" aimed mostly at campaign making.

- a couple of vehicles would be welcome, maybe a black HMMWV and a chopper, for mission insertions.

- a nice demo mission, followed by a campaign ;D ;D ;D

ok, maybe i got carried away, but that would make me hapy for a while. :D

What do you think?

Drozdov

« Reply #22 on: 02 Sep 2003, 21:49:35 »
its not american or russian army....its east or west

Really? Then those arm patches with the US flag on them must be a disguise! Damn sneaks :o ! And the Spetsnaz must be hiring themselves out! That's a first!

RP

« Reply #23 on: 03 Sep 2003, 21:17:55 »
Calm down guys.
As most of you know, East, West, Resistance and Civilian are unit sides available in the editor. Addon makers configure their units to be on one or more of those sides.
The BIS American units are under West, Russians under East and Resistance under (guess what) Resistance.
In the editor East and West are allways oponents, and Resistance side can be set to be friendly to West or East.
East, West (and Resistance) are just generic names, which only make sense on the BIS campaigns and Coldwar specific cenarios, but we have to stick to them, cuz they're the generic sides available on the editor.
That is why Mercenary units falling under Resistance side would aloud more flexibility for mission makers, but that doesn't mean the BIS Resistance army would be paying them (unless you wanted to make a mission like that).
I hope this can clear things out.

Drozdov

« Reply #24 on: 03 Sep 2003, 21:27:42 »
But who else would need them? Unless we're talking about them being employed by a whole new bunch of addon soldiers.

RP

« Reply #25 on: 03 Sep 2003, 21:59:57 »
Well Drozdov, i guess each one's imagination is the limit.
They could be hired by a governement to handle some delicate situation without involving themselves politicaly, or they could be employed by a wealthy civilian to "take care" of a local mafia boss...
I supose anything goes as long as it makes sense, and provide us with a nice plot for a mission or campaign.
I think i find the idea of being part of a mercenary elite force very apealing (maybe i have a kind of a romantic nature, hehehe).

Kaliyuga

« Reply #26 on: 04 Sep 2003, 00:22:31 »
But who else would need them?

Criminals ;)

Drozdov

« Reply #27 on: 04 Sep 2003, 21:55:38 »
Ah, I never thought of that. I suppose criminals would use them. Though I doubt any government would risk hiring mercenary forces to do their dirty work... Loyalty isn't exactly in their vocabulary. Though blackmail is. Not that I would know, of course...

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #28 on: 04 Sep 2003, 22:33:23 »
i know.......the A-TEAM!!!!!!!!! with their van........then any government could feel secure in hiring them......cuz we all trust them...........LOL sorry bad impulse lol

Mr_Shady

« Reply #29 on: 04 Sep 2003, 23:46:41 »
If you've got a really touchy job you need doing and don't want to be traced back to it by sending in your special forces, mercenaries are a good choice, since their only link to you is the jiffy-bag of unmarked notes you bunged them a few weeks beforehand, which you can brush under the carpet.
Alternatively, militias (the OFP resistance, perhaps) often buy in foreign experts to train their forces and help them achieve riskier objectives.

If anyone makes some mercs, it'd be an idea to give them a mismatched 'uniform' (for example, US BDU trousers, British DPM jacket, with a Russian load-bearing vest) and a variety of old favourites gun wise, such as AKs, G3A3s, wooden-stock FN FALs, Colt Commandos, Galils etc. etc. but without making them look really scruffy and non-military, as it's only fair to assume that you'd need to be a well-trained soldier with some form of military background to have the neccesary skill and balls to be a mercenary.