Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: LibMod and I-44  (Read 1521 times)

Offline eegore

• Members
LibMod and I-44
« on: 07 Jan 2009, 03:13:01 »

Is there a way to use these together?  I don't know a lot about mods and I have always used Libmod seperate from all others since it uses an installer program and sets everything up automatically.

I'm not sure if the WW2 mods can be mixed somehow but I would like to use some of the Libmod bikes primarily, and SS men with the goggles etc. against Allied troops, such as the I-44 infantry. 

I would prob have to group them with opposing side leaders and "deletevehicle this" to get them to be combatants, but its worth a shot if it won't cause my pc to light on fire.

I checked the WWIIEC forums but no luck so far. 

Thanks for any info.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: LibMod and I-44
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jan 2009, 15:47:43 »
I believe first of all that the LibMod configs remove everything that isn't "their" addons (sets them to 'hidden') so it's a bit of a total conversion mod that way. Secondly LibMod has their very own system for everything from deflection on their tanks to weapon tracers and recoil and hit effects and so on and so forth (i.e., you hit a soldier and he writhes around in agony before dying etc.) -> these probably wouldn't translate to any other addon units, sadly. Also, as mentioned, I don't think LibMod tanks and anti-tank weapons would play nice with any other addons.

So no - I very much doubt you can harmoniously run these two addons together. You -could- try adding the I-44 modfolder to the -mod shortcut, and see if they load up, but as mentioned, I very much doubt they'll place nice together.  :no:

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline eegore

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jan 2009, 18:42:08 »

Thanks for the info on Libmod.  I don't really understand the config stuff, but I have managed to get some I-44 units to work.  The suggestion to addthe I-44 addons into the Libmod is working out well.  I have just copy/pasted them to a Libmod backup folder.

All infantry so far has worked well.  I had one crash due to a grenade but I missed what kind so it might happen again until I can remove it from the missions.  I-44 bangalores etc. are compatable so far, as are their weapons.  I havent seen any custom animations though. 

The Berlin Mod Stalin tank has a white gun, I assume due to some textures being hidden. 

I managed to get all tanks to drive around together, but combat needs to be tested.  I don't think it will be pretty. 

I'll update if anything interesting happens just in case someone else wonders the same thing later.

Offline Canukausiuka

• Members
  • Iuka hate clean!
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jan 2009, 08:22:58 »
You may can get it to work, but do not expect it to work well unless you feel like editing the configs to make them work.  Both Libmod and I44 are total conversion mods, with their own methods and standards.  Combat will, as you said, not be pretty.  Chances are one mod made their vehicles and weapons significantly stronger than the other team did.  So a Sherman may slaughter Tigers, for instance.

Unfortunately, the only way to get them compatible would be to rewrite the configs.  :confused:
(Former) I44 Coder / Scripter / Voice Actor