Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to make a plane take off via a switch trigger  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Novusordo

• Members
How to make a plane take off via a switch trigger
« on: 21 Mar 2007, 23:14:21 »
My current mission calls for a recon plane (using a camel aircraft) to take off and scan an area when the player walks into a switch trigger than is syncronized with the aircrafts first move waypoint.

it does not work. the plane takes off and heads to it's first waypoint and buzzes around non stop untill I activate the trigger at which point it carries on to it's next triggers.

How do i make it so that it stays grounded UNTIL I activate the trigger?

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: How to make a plane take off via a switch trigger
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2007, 13:22:53 »
as far as i know, manned planes will always try to take off. the only way to prevent this from happening is to have an empty plane, a pilot standing outside it, and assign the pilot to the driving seat when the trigger is fired.

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2007, 13:37:10 »
Make sure that you synchronize the trigger with a waypoint that the unit may reach before the trigger is active. Example:

Unit1 -> WP1: MOVE -> WP2: DESTROY

Synchronize the trigger with WP1 if you want to prevent Unit1 from going to WP2 until the trigger gets activated.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline Novusordo

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2007, 17:32:51 »
as far as i know, manned planes will always try to take off. the only way to prevent this from happening is to have an empty plane, a pilot standing outside it, and assign the pilot to the driving seat when the trigger is fired.

omg why diden't i think of that!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2007, 18:03:47 »
You may also have the pilot outside, with a GETIN waypoint over the plane and then as many waypoints as you need, then just sync the GETIN waypoint with whichever trigger you have to allow the takeoff.