Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: flat out land  (Read 1316 times)

Faculty

flat out land
« on: 06 Sep 2002, 03:05:46 »
How do i make a piece of land on wrpedit flat explain the process to me cant find it anywhere.

thanx

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:flat out land
« Reply #1 on: 06 Sep 2002, 04:03:16 »
By flat, I presume you mean the area all at the same elevation.

Hold down Shift+Ctrl and use the left mouse button to draw a red rectangle round the area you wish to be flat.

Go to the Landscape Tab and choose the Exact function on the Edit Sub-Tab. Input the elevation that you wish into the gadget.  Then press Change.

This should change all the elevation points you selected to the elevation that you input.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Cedaie

« Reply #2 on: 06 Sep 2002, 10:01:08 »
is that soft selection Planck, as in, it doesnt raise the height exactly around that selection, but begins far out and raises up to the point, I think I can answer my own question...

blath

« Reply #3 on: 06 Sep 2002, 16:16:58 »
nope in my experience it jus wacks up the 1s u told it 2 and leaves the others the same so u have 2 go round in concentric circles 2 make it gradual (i have no pride- i REALLY hope i'm wrong, it wud make it a damn site easier!)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #4 on: 06 Sep 2002, 21:49:30 »
All the points you selected will be at the exact elevation you requested.

However, the elevation points just outside your selection do not change.

So, if you raised, or lowered your selected area to say, 10m, the area surrounding your selection remains unchanged.

You can of course select all the points surrounding your selected area afterwards and use the Up/Down function to raise or lower them all by a certain amount.

This will keep the basic terrain shape it had before, it just lowers it a little, or more, depending on what you input and how many times you apply it.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.