Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: FLAMETHROWER!  (Read 704 times)

C4_tnt

FLAMETHROWER!
« on: 16 Jul 2004, 01:32:33 »
ITÂ's just something i never seen, but wouldnÂ't it be cool to have a realistic flamethrower? Maybe the flame will be hard to make, but the guy burning would be almost impossible.... :-\ But i just saw the other guy giving an idea of a terminator! So I guess this is a possible cool idea.

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
Re:FLAMETHROWER!
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2004, 02:33:25 »
there was made back in the 1.46 days of ofp i still have it,in the demo mission you can burn cars and soldier's.it was pretty fun but it needs to be updated

Major_Fubar

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2004, 04:01:49 »
With some of the incendiary effects used in ECP and FDF 1.3, I bet someone could make an awesome flamethrower...damaging vehicles similar to the FDF Moltov cocktail, guys running around on fire like in ECP...ooh yeah!  :o

bored_onion

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jul 2004, 17:43:14 »
youd be surprised at the number of explosion scripts and addons that have been made and there are plenty around. a flamethrower that hurt people might be tougher.... anyways im not a hardcore addon or script maker, i can just do moderate stuff

if you want an example of a fire script, you can see one in the resistance campaign or there is a thread that contains a good script that is used to make barrels explode and burn but it can be easily modified to do the same to men. this would help in making the bodies burn like you mentioned... ill post the thread when i find it

also, btw, flame and explosion scripts have a nasty habit of creating lag, which is never good esp. in MP

bored_onion