Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Middle Eastern Building pack  (Read 1758 times)

MadAussie

Middle Eastern Building pack
« on: 22 Feb 2004, 12:16:25 »
Gday all...

I thought Id post this regarding a building pack Im currently trying to organize...
Im  looking at combining Catshitones and Remo's (Afghan everon) objects into one .pbo

For a number of reasons... but 2 main ones
1. Ease of use for myself (and Remo) on current projects
2. Community use - with hope of more great looking desert isles being produced

I have seen both isles close hand.. and think that the objects compliment each other perfectly.
I have permissions from both Remo (Freelancer) and the Team at NOMAD! (Im currently working with NOMAD on afghanistan update)
This PBO would probably be MiddleEasternObjects.pbo with all models keeping original menu titles and icons.
Cats last afghan isle update was 44meg so many would think this will be a large pack to D/L however once the land textures are removed (now in a seperate pbo for high res pack) there was only 30 meg in addons (about 19meg zipped)... so pack could be as small as 25 meg with additions.

Pretty tidy eh? for over 40 new building models with excellent textures.. assorted rock formations and caves.. assorted grasses and foilage and many more!!

There is a number of other objects i would like to include in this pack including-
* Some BAS objects (Awaiting permission to use and/or edit some models)
* Zwadars misc objects (binarized and w/ texture changes to phonebooth,soccerfields etc)
* Other assorted misc items i have collected like bridges that need permission too.

Im looking forward to seeing if anyone in the OFP community has any models they would like to donate to this cause or if anyone affiliated with BAS or Zwadar could give confirmation.

There isnt much i think would need to be done.. one .pbo with all objects and a newly edited config and presto.   :)

I am hoping to have this done in a matter of weeks as most models are long finished and only a few will need minor adjustments.

Finally I take no credit for creation of this pack as I am only collecting the resources from the community for the community.

MadAussie out...

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
Re:Middle Eastern Building pack
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2004, 13:25:01 »
Check out the Singapoore armed forces pack at ofp.info,
where there are also a lot of objects included.

OK, sounds to be more far east then middle east, but who
knows  ;D

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

MadAussie

« Reply #2 on: 26 Feb 2004, 14:06:49 »
Gday all...

Thanks for all the idea's guys - sarcasm duh. ( C.D. exception )....  ???

Anyway.. Ive checked out SAF pack.. the objects OK but not many to speak of and non-area specific (except huts + vegetation)

But the most exciting part of which was children models with anims for Civs...
Ive been crying out for this for a while now... hopefully we'll be able to include some Civ's in the pack.. women, children etc w/ facepacks or Set to model faces.??
Hmmm.. maybe..

Even a thought to an inclusive or seperate .pbo RedCross team  or another  welfare/charity organization.

With retextured C-130 or Hercules.. inc. food drops w/ parachute.. ??
+ Trucks, Jeeps etc (non-military maybe)
And obvious workers..

With U.N not playing as big a role of late and good for use in Refugee camps etc...

Anyway nuff said..
Keep the Ideas Rollin in Guys... Appreciate it  ;D

MadAussie Out...
MadMan Industries (C)

MadAussie

« Reply #3 on: 01 Mar 2004, 04:01:48 »
Gday all...

Not much action here at all..
A shame  >:(
Anyway to the point..
This pack is going ahead soon.. I have already drummed up support

BAS!! Is there a reason that you guys dont answer   Emails (4-5 months) or Forum Threads etc.. please.. please contact me RE BAS objects to put in our pack..
Dont need help.. just pemission .. or Acknowledgements in ReadMe will have to suffice (do)  :)

Also any Mods or Island makers who have used or are going to use CatIntro.pbo please be aware that this pbo will be updated soon with new pbo name... any existing Isles (eg Sinnai peninsula) will need objects replaced.. or utilize old pbo (not recommended)

Pack will be smaller than Cats Original 44meg file and include more Objects etc... also for peoples who like Cats textures.. there will be a couple of packs released soon with his Textures. (from Catintro and new File)

If anyone needs info... dont hesitate to email me at MadMan_Industries@hotmail.com

MadAussie out...
MadMan Industries (C)

BTW Thumbs up to all people ive contacted recently.. Its was very pleasing to recieve help or offers of help  when needed.
Its good to see that the sense of Community hasnt been lost on you guys..
Shame on the others who've lost that...

(No name and shame here.. you know who you are)

:)

Homefry31464

« Reply #4 on: 01 Mar 2004, 04:07:52 »
I recommend you PM some of the members, but that's not what this thread is for.

This idea sounds good, so it'd be like the AGS packs in the way that the maps use it, right??  I suppose this idea could be used for every theatre of war, not just the Middle East.  That way, you could have a Jungle Pack, a Europe Pack, etc.

Good luck with this!

seafire6

« Reply #5 on: 01 Mar 2004, 04:14:02 »
EXCELLENT!!! I was just playing around with WRPTool and thought we definitely need more buildings. Middle eastern buildings make the most sense for modern scenerios as well. I've been working on a control tower modelled on one at Bagram air base but I find o2/texturing very difficult. Please post some sample pics.

MadAussie

« Reply #6 on: 01 Mar 2004, 04:18:52 »
Gday again..

I will this week (PM that is.. again)

However.. I thought this would be good.. there are many islands around.. most of which make their own objects specifically for their isle.. I thought an Area Specific pack would be good for 1 D/L rather than 10 and for ease of use for Isle makers.. (1 pbo and all binarized)

Idea started for selfish reasons initially but has developed into a good thing..

Also I do believe on Official Forums that someone is working on similar projects..  Packs of buildings etc this exert taken from Official forum
"Have you heard of the Third World Explosion Mod?  3WX is an OFP architectural and landscaping firm.  Our mission is to create the most realistic and immersive 3D environments imaginable and possible in OFP and OFP2.  We will operate a texture library, construction yard and nursery for modders and mapmakers. "

Now thats peaks my interest :)  
Its about 6 months late for me though.. he he

MadAussie out...
MadMan Industries (C)

fragsta

« Reply #7 on: 01 Mar 2004, 22:26:53 »
I believe that OFPEC already are working on some sort of a texture library. Good idea though, except...aren't you MadMan Industries? Or is 3WX par tof MMI?

All sounds very interesting though...might encourage me to learn how to make OFP islands.

MadAussie

« Reply #8 on: 02 Mar 2004, 06:36:55 »
Gday guys...

No.. no    
Not to be confused with 3wx mod.. that is rather something i heard in OFP circles... i havent tracked topic personally.. but its there

Also MadMan Industries (i hope) is not an individual mod.. rather a colletion of teams/mods working together on similar projects and focuses.. sharing resources and staff etc in a laid back environment... (no 'have to')
Freelancers also welcome guys... we have our forums up now at http://hooahman.massinfluence.net/cgi-bin/boards/ikonboard.cgi

Big thanks to Hooah for setting it up...

Also i will have screenies soon for objects in pack and wanted objects...
Pack has been estimated at 35+meg .rar format and will include over 50-60 buildings now..(hopefully.. again as nothing is written  in stone )

MadAussie out...

MadAussie

« Reply #9 on: 06 Mar 2004, 06:08:56 »
Gday Guys..

An update for you...

Ive finally spoken with BAS (Tigershark actually)... things looking good as it seems like ive been given approval for use... BIG THANKS TO BAS
More Information as it comes to hand...

Also  Unsung (steve?).. Big thanks for use of Water anims in pack.. (murky brown)

Starting to look great!!

If anyone has any oil rig/drilling platform or pipelines etc they'd like to donate we'd appreciate it... (excluding AGS stuff.. already using)

MadAussie out...
BIG THANKS AGAIN GUYS

(btw our forums are back up.. temp down)
« Last Edit: 06 Mar 2004, 06:16:02 by MadAussie »

MadAussie

« Reply #10 on: 07 Mar 2004, 07:56:34 »
Gday all...

Just received contact from 3WX mod (agent smith and Schoeler).. Im going to contact them ASAP and post any info here...

BTW anyone who noticed the OFP.Info post.. Its 'MadMan Industries' :)  not MadAussie productions...
Also my pet project at MadMan Industries is SE Iraq.. however considering all the help ive had from Nomad and Robbo in the past i agreed to help finish Cats Isle for them...   lots of changes but you'll have to wait guys  ;)
 (if our team has time we will do a US vs Taliban conflict with rebuilding as we are with Iraq)

More info later..
MadAussie out...

MadAussie

« Reply #11 on: 17 Apr 2004, 15:34:49 »
Things are proceeding well ladies and gents...

Packs are being arranged and worked on now...
We expect 4 rough isles out soon too..
One a downsized catintro.pbo w/ original isle
The next isle is our update of it  :)
Then the req.  texture file has another afghan teaser of catshitones making..
Finally our desert teaser.. which should tide over most Iraqi landscape lovers (or any desert)  till a proper Iraq map comes out..

Enjoy and keep eyes posted..

MadAussie out...