Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: weapons weapons weapons  (Read 507 times)

Viking_one

weapons weapons weapons
« on: 12 Mar 2004, 15:16:35 »
I have been downloading new weapons and vehicles for a while now but what is the point in having all these wonderful weapons if you cant use em against the ai in the single and campaign missions?

is there a mod that lets you choose whatever weapon you want at the gear selection page.

Loup-Garou

Re:weapons weapons weapons
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2004, 15:41:09 »
Be more precise, please. You want to ask about "description.ext" file (this text file allows you to choose weapons, when you're alone, or the squad leader) ??

PsyWarrior

« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2004, 20:32:40 »
Greetings,

If I read you correctly (and if I'm not, just hit me over the head with something), you want to play with all the new addons and stuff in the original missions/ campaigns?

Due to the nature of weapon selection (you have to tell OFP what weapons the player can have, you can't just tell it to include anything that's in your addons folder.

So this leaves you with two options:

1. (the short option): search for missions made by the community that contain the addons you like. Many of the quality addons have some missions associated with them, so it shouldn't be so hard to find a good quality mission that you like.

2. (the considerably longer option) Learn to OFP-Edit and mod the 1985 campaign/ original missions to include the new weapons and vehicles.

Actually, I seem to remember reading somewhere that someone was recreating the 1985 campaign (using all the original sounds and missions) to include some of the better addons out there. However, this could easily have been a figment of my imagination, so don't be too reliant on it.

Oh! of course! Option 3:

3. (the shorter than 2, but longer than 1): Learn to OFP-Edit (to some degree) and make your own missions in the inbuilt mission editor, using the addons you like.

I hope you find something helpful in the above...  ::). I apologise for rambling on.  ;D

-Supreme Commander PsyWarrior
-Psychic Productions Studios

Viking_one

« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2004, 15:12:40 »
thanks its all useful just means I need to learn to edit a bit better

Viking_one

« Reply #4 on: 19 Mar 2004, 14:37:38 »
2. (the considerably longer option) Learn to OFP-Edit and mod the 1985 campaign/ original missions to include the new weapons and vehicles.

what kind of saoftware would I need to do this?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #5 on: 19 Mar 2004, 14:42:58 »
You'll need Amalfi's pbo decryptor 1.5 from the Editors Depot in order to unpbo the BIS campaigns.   Once you've done that it's just a matter of opening up the missions in the Mission Editor and substituting the units that you want for the units that are there.

If it's just weapons choice you want then you'll have to edit the description.ext:  note that you only get a choice of weapons when you are the group leader.   If you want a different weapon when you are a group member then you'll have to edit the mission in the editor.

To edit description.ext you'll need a text editor like Notepad which comes with Windows:  presumably the Mac has something similar.
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2004, 14:46:02 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Viking_one

« Reply #6 on: 19 Mar 2004, 14:51:57 »
thanks, now to go give a try.