Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Making a Campaign  (Read 548 times)

Offline sim

• Members
  • Hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
Making a Campaign
« on: 05 Feb 2004, 19:43:33 »
Its taken about a year but I finally how to script properly in ofp.
Now its time to make a campaign, so if anyone can tell me how to make a campaign, like linking the missions in an easy to follow guide, I would be very grateful.

Cheers ;D

sim
The Unsung Campaign Team Leader

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Making a Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 05 Feb 2004, 20:42:35 »
OFPEC ---> ed depot ---> tools ---> something ---> campaign editor

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 05 Feb 2004, 20:42:46 »
It's all handled by description.ext.    There are a couple of tutes in the Editors Depot.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

m21man

« Reply #3 on: 05 Feb 2004, 20:43:48 »
Write it manually ;D .

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #4 on: 06 Feb 2004, 16:34:29 »
 :D hey sim. Good to hear that you have struggled yer way through the annoying
n00b-parts of editing (we all did that after all  :P ;D ) and have come to the point
of serious mission making! 8) sounds great, m8 :-*

I'd have to stick with the lads up there, telling ya to hit the ED.Depot and search for campaigns.
Because our replies would be almost identical to what you will find in the depot anyway.

Its not that hard though, the rough part is making up a solid storyline and making
those (boring to make) cutscenes that give the campaign/mission the extra lil' something to it. :thumbsup:

don't give in - fight on and post ALL the questions you feel like wanting to know about.
Once you're in a "serious" mission, lots of issues usually pops up and need assistance
from your community pals - and we will be happy to give it all if we have it.  :)

happy editing, m8 :cheers:

Offline sim

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 05 Mar 2004, 19:36:04 »
I no its been a long time since i started this topic, but i've had a busy last month with gettin ready for a big chemistry exam, but now it's finally done  ;D im back and ready to start on my campaign

Vietnam: 365 days of hell

thanx for the kind words tomb :) and i've just got myself a nice little guide, campaign description for beginners and its pretty good.

My first mission will be put up for beta testing in a few weeks

sim :)

Offline sim

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2004, 17:10:42 »
Im sad to say due to problems with flash, ive had to stop making my vietnam campaign,  :'(

I had to completly uninstal and then reinstall, plus had to delete all my addons and mine and my step bros amazing custom made missions (if i do say so myself) :'(

Imgoin to start usin BAS and ECP, thnx to every one who posted answers on this thread.

Thread closed

sim