Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: DO NOT LEAVE THE VEHICLE!  (Read 460 times)

Falcon988

DO NOT LEAVE THE VEHICLE!
« on: 01 Nov 2003, 22:33:50 »
Ahem.  ;D

How do you make it so your troops do not leave their vehicles no matter -what- unless it's destroyed? I want my Humvee's and M113 to drive right past whoever may be shooting at them. Run over the enemy if they have to. I'm noticing an annoying tendency to disembark as soon as they make contact and thereby get shot to ribbons.

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
Re:DO NOT LEAVE THE VEHICLE!
« Reply #1 on: 01 Nov 2003, 23:20:28 »
make a WP to somewhere

set the "combat Mode" in that WP to NEVER FIRE and the behaviour to CARELESS.

and if a group is in back, use

"_x action [""getin"", m113Name]" foreach units GrpName; "[_x] orderGetin True" foreach units GrpName

:-* there! that should keep 'em stuffed

Falcon988

« Reply #2 on: 02 Nov 2003, 02:28:17 »
Well, the thing is I want the Humvee machine gunners to shoot back. So long as the Humvee itself doesn't stop.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #3 on: 02 Nov 2003, 17:54:07 »
 Whether or not a vehicle stops when under fire to let troops out is coded into the vehicles config.cpp   :P

don't know if you can find a way to get around that  

Falcon988

« Reply #4 on: 02 Nov 2003, 18:06:55 »
Nuts.  ;D

Of course I can just always have the player assume command of the convoy. That way it'll be up to him whether or not his guys get out.

asmodeus

« Reply #5 on: 02 Nov 2003, 19:31:43 »
Yeah, when I ran into this doing a cutscene for LCD I just removed all cargo from the M113's and then moved them back in at the correct time.  

If you're doing this in a MP game though, not too sure how you'd get around it.  (maybe you could have a cutscene while the player is removed from the HMMW, showing the battle from a good angle?)

Good luck  8)

Asmo