Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to use mines  (Read 563 times)

GaryP

How to use mines
« on: 26 Aug 2003, 00:12:17 »
I want to create a cut scene where a tank is coming over the hill, and hits a mine and blows up.  Thanks, black ops. He-he ;D

I looked in the official command for this and found nothing associated with a mine.  Is it called something else?

Actually I wanted a satchel to go off, but a mine will do for the cut scene.

Offline WizzyWig

• Members
  • Mod Maker
    • Oblivion Promotions
Re:How to use mines
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2003, 01:08:22 »
OK use (setdammage *) [command *= 1/0]

example

"this setdammage 1" with out the ("")

LAPD

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2003, 08:42:16 »
WizzyWig, then the tank will just blow up, and no mine will be there. But if that's what Gary wants, Gary gets 8).

Gary, you want the black-op to put the mine there or you want it down on the road at the start of the mission?

If it's the second option, I'm sure there are mines in the Units (F1) screen somewhere. Look for it somewhere there.

If you want the black-op to put it, I don't really know the animation (and I did search :) ), so someone else might come with an answer.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2003, 12:01:14 »
So, there's a few way to do this.

Here's how if you don't need to see the black-op placing the mine:

* Place a gamelogic where you want the mine to be located, name it whatever you want.
* In a script, trigger or initfield you put:
Code: [Select]
mine = "mine" camCreate (getPos nameoflogic)
* Place waypoints for the tank to move up the road
* Have a beer, coffee, soda or whatever you like and relax

I don't have the action handy that would let you see a black-op place the mine, but you can probably find that through searching the forum and the ed-depot.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

GaryP

« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2003, 16:12:12 »
Very cool.  I can use this.  I can figure out the animation, but for now Just the mine meing there and the tank blowing up would be cool.
In fact, if you actually see the mine, then it would not be real, right?

They are burried. ::)  And this gamelogic gizmo seems to come up a lot.  I'm going to play with it a bit.  Next is getting a camera inside a chopper to show a meeting.

Offline DrStrangelove

• Members
  • Mr.Creative
« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2003, 23:06:42 »
I think you can force a mine to explode by setting its dammage to 4, no ?

Like: (mine name = mine1)

mine1 setdammage 4

That way you can 'simulate' an exploding mine even if a truck passes it. Normally it only blows when tracked vehicles pass it.

Captain Winters

« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 2003, 23:28:32 »
Nah, then it would just turn to its side.

Tanks!  8)