Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Critic my UH1N USMC Huey  (Read 5490 times)

quakergamer

Re:Critic my UH1N USMC Huey
« Reply #15 on: 02 Sep 2002, 19:29:22 »
Yea well Ive put new pictures:

http://www.multimania.com/quakergamer1/huey4.jpg
http://www.multimania.com/quakergamer1/huey5.jpg

Thiswil be the final version of the model and its getting textured. i may have an update on the textures today :)

futurehornetdriver

« Reply #16 on: 03 Sep 2002, 00:44:59 »
Mad Medic...Courage Under Fire was fake and wasn't based an ounce on fact..maybe thas why it sucked so bad or just the cheezy storyline.........so that kinda leaves ur point about SAWs being on UH-1's null...and no, they don't use sAW's

Offline madmedic

• Members
  • You can run.....But you'll just die tired.
« Reply #17 on: 04 Sep 2002, 03:00:47 »
Alas,...I DO stand corrected so to speak,...However, the reference to the movie "Courage Under Fire" was not in any way meant to say that the movie was factual, or correct...But merely to illustrate the way the MG was mounted (on slings) which was very common during the Viet Nam era with M60s, particularly on choppers that were not equipped with a hard mount.
The reference to using an SAW, I have to admit, was hastily posted... Not a standard loadout...The 7.62 Nato M240 IS however part of the possible standard loadout on a current UH1 variant.

One thing that should be kept in mind as far as loadouts go (this part is actually more of a Viet Nam era note)... Air Crews would frequently "make up" loadouts, by retro-fitting various different armaments to Hueys (which undoubtably is where some of the "official" loadouts evolved from)...so, as long as you dont get CRAZY,...most realistic armaments for a chopper can be acceptable.
here is a link with some cool Huey pics (I particularly like the one with the door mounted mini gun, and search light...right about in the middle of the pics)http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/uh-1v.htm

Cedaie

« Reply #18 on: 04 Sep 2002, 08:21:32 »
Nice ;) I like it, with the icon is there gonna be transparency??

other wise very nice, try pulling the sliding door out a bit, and a bit more foreward toward the front of chopper

yet, very cool ;)

Cheers ;D

quakergamer

« Reply #19 on: 04 Sep 2002, 15:10:21 »
Nice ;) I like it, with the icon is there gonna be transparency??

other wise very nice, try pulling the sliding door out a bit, and a bit more foreward toward the front of chopper

yet, very cool ;)

Cheers ;D

Yes it will icon is old one ill fi it. And yes ill fix the sliding door. BW the textures are done and uzabit is adding details to the body, you should be bale to see apicture today or tomorrow ;)

SEAL84

« Reply #20 on: 05 Sep 2002, 02:07:32 »
The way I saw the movie, it didn't look like the SAW was mounted at all...the gunner was hanging from the straps.  I thought he was a regular grunt who just happened to have a SAW and be riding on the Huey.

Anyone read the book Maverick?  He was a Nam gunny pilot, and when he was in Huey-C's he mounted a .50 cal in the back and found an Air Force 19 shot rocket pod, and used em both in combat...so yeah, you'll find some seriously sick retrofitted gear on choppers sometimes.