Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Operation Overlord Sound Problems  (Read 544 times)

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Operation Overlord Sound Problems
« on: 09 Apr 2003, 22:31:36 »
Hi all its me again.....

Im having major problems with trying to get the radio to work with sound in my mission.....
Heres the details :

I have a stringtable with the Language column as STRM_alpha1 and the English column as "Alpha 1 here... reading you loud and clear"
...while leaving the Comment column blank.

The .ogg file to accompany this is called;
"Alpharadio1"

Here is what i have figured out to put into the descriptoin.ext file i aint got a clue if its right or wrong so help is needed;

class CfgRadio
{
sounds[] = {Alpharadio1};
class Alpharadio1
{
name = "";
sound[] = {"\sounds\Alpharadio1.ogg", db+0, 1.0};
title = $STRM_alpha1;
};
};

I think that is all i have u .. yes i think so......

Any help would be really appreciated......as i am only a little over beginner editing level any replies should not be too advanced ...lol ...soryy ppl......

NOTE: i used Wavesurfer to create the wav file and then converted it using OGGConverter........just though i should say that......

THX ALL ....... RHYS.......rhysduk@yahoo.co.uk
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Operation Overlord
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2003, 00:23:08 »
rhysduk, the best place for a question like this is in on one of the other boards .... probably Sound and Cutscenes in this case.   Post it there - you have a much better chance of getting an answer.     Don't post your email:  questions are public and answers are public, that way everybody can benefit from the shared knowledge.

Use this thread to let us know how the mission is getting on, post new versions and respond to feedback.

If you know there is a particular problem with your mission, post a version that has the problem removed, or if the mission will at least function, tell us what the problem is so that we don't waste any time on it.     By all means mention what it is and post a link to the question you posted on the appropriate board.

I don't know anything about sound so I can't help you with this, but good luck. :)

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
Re:Operation Overlord Sound Problems
« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2003, 02:32:28 »
Doh! There's already one in here...

* Sui looks around hoping no one saw his fumble...

All replies to this topic to here.

# Topic Locked