Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Waypoint trouble.  (Read 354 times)

Der_Richter

Waypoint trouble.
« on: 01 Apr 2003, 18:00:52 »
Hmm. I have OFP 1.91 now and i am editing a new mission. However it seems, either i am remembering this wrong or 1.91 is strange (havenÂ't made missions for a while). The thing is, i recall "condition of presence" as being possible to set by activating a trigger. Like "Groupleader Group1" moves over a trigger. The trigger sets "Trigger1=1" and in another units condition of presence i could set "Trigger1=1". However this does not seem to work. It is not possible to do that with waypoints either it seems. What have i forgot.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Waypoint trouble.
« Reply #1 on: 01 Apr 2003, 18:07:12 »
Condition of presence only applies at the start of a mission, so if a unit has to move into a trigger area it can't affect any other units condition of presence.

Does this thread help?

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Der_Richter

« Reply #2 on: 01 Apr 2003, 19:27:54 »
Nah. What i am trying to accomplish is: Helicopter located somewhere far away from the player. Then when the player goes into a certain area the helicopter will act as air support using waypoints to destroy two tanks. However the chopper is starting to move through its waypoints immeadiatly and not when the player hits the triggered area. Therefore i tought i could use condition of presence to prevent the chopper from being there when the player hadnÂ't stepped on the trigger. I know this should be possible to do with waypoints, but since i have not made missions for quite a long time i do not recall this exactly. I have tried to use "Condition: Trigger=1" on the choppers destroy waypoints. DoesnÂ't work (of course).  

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 01 Apr 2003, 19:38:57 »
Ah, right.    Easy to solve, but its not a condition of presence thing.   You've got a trigger somewhere that is activated by the player being present, right?

OK.   Make the trigger type switch.

Now, make your chopper waypoints look something like this (it doesn't really matter, its the principle that's important)    The hold WP is far away.

HOLD    <------- synchronise (F5) the trigger to this WP
DESTROY
DESTROY

You can use variables to achieve this, but there is no need.     This is exactly what switch triggers were made for.  
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Der_Richter

« Reply #4 on: 01 Apr 2003, 23:49:25 »
Thanks. I already solved it myself by ACTUALLY remembering something. Odd. *lol*

But your approach is new for me, seems like a great way to do it, i will use your way fom now on.

Well, guess thatÂ's why i am here, to learn new stuff.