Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mercenry conflicts Addon  (Read 841 times)

bigsouth1981

Mercenry conflicts Addon
« on: 04 Feb 2003, 13:50:01 »
Just read a load of stories of mercinaries, of different nationalities, fighting all over africa, and other world trouble spots, during the last 30 years......it was good reading.
Then i though that im surprised no one had amade a mod like this, or along these lines at least, yet (or have they?).
Just think of all the various mods and addons that you could implement using the flashpoint engine. It'd be fantastic, you could also take influence from games such as jagged alliance 2 ( Ok i know its old, has bugs,  sh*t graphics etc etc....but its a  fantasticly playable game.....one of my favourites)
What do you other people think???,
Let me know......
Regards

Ps I read one particular account of an ex SAS freelance mercenry, fighting against around 200 rebel RUF troops in Freetown, capital of Sierra leone, from a postion on a hotel roof, its a great story.

PPS, the book is called "Once a Pilgrim" by the way....lol 8)

Kaliyuga

Re:Mercenry conflicts Addon
« Reply #1 on: 06 Feb 2003, 21:41:53 »
We're gonna make some Mercs at some time in the future, but have lots of projects ahead of that one.....

Mr_Shady

Re:Mercenry conflicts Addon
« Reply #2 on: 07 Feb 2003, 23:36:08 »
JA2 is one of my all-time favourite games, I just loved making a team of born-again-hard mercs, led by my custom dude Dave "Hoff" Hoffman, and taking the enemy scum on  :) Plus it was good for a bug hunt, what with those big-arsed insect beasties in sci-fi mode  ;D

That kind of stuff in OFP would rock! Well, not the giant beasties, but setting up a commando team and cleaning the OFP islands one at a time through guerilla action and bombing important targets, assassinating officers, recruiting new men (and women) and trying to equip them with the best in guns and vehicles... hell yes!!