Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Cloud class and custom proxys  (Read 1122 times)

DE

Cloud class and custom proxys
« on: 29 Jan 2003, 14:48:15 »
Hi, I have two problems...

1) I need to know if there is a tutorial explaining how to customise the Clouds class for a weapon.

2) I customised a 5tdriver proxy and I save it in my oddon folder (its a AAV)... how the hell i tell to de OFP engine that i want to use my proxy and not those who are in the data3d folder.

Thx, and spelling... well english is a foerign langauge for me.

IliekBIGboom

Re:Cloud class and custom proxys
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2003, 20:16:54 »
I am so stuck on this subject aswel, been looking for 3+ hours to find one good tutorial wich explains custom proxies from start to finish;/

(my problem: created a plane and added 2 hellfire proxies and a hellfire model, mphellfirelauncher as weapon, when trying to run a test mission ingame it says cannot find hellfirelauncher in data3d or something like that)

Someone please point us to a nice tutorial on proxies!! =)
Thanks in advance

DE

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2003, 18:53:59 »
Ok, I see... nobody knows.... Yes, yes, for the community by the community. Say that to all guys who really know what im asking.

Or im not posting this thing on the correct forum?

Thx. DE.

teaCup

« Reply #3 on: 03 Feb 2003, 12:39:06 »
Hey guys

The only proxy related tutorial that comes into my mind right now is this one: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard301/ikonboard.cgi?s=3e3e47e7352effff;act=ST;f=50;t=22458.

I suggest you dissect a couple of addons, and figure it out yourselves. It looks pretty simple to me. Although soldier proxies are uncommon, i can tell you BIS used a custom gunner proxy in the Ch47 addon. It's "CH47gunner.p3d", which contains a single (resolution) LOD (see picture).
The config for the proxy looks like this:

class CfgNonAIVehicles
{
   class ProxyCrew {};
   class ProxyGunner: ProxyCrew {};
   class ProxyCh47Gunner: ProxyGunner {};
};

..and the name of the proxy in "CH-47D.p3d" is "proxy:ch47gunner.01".

IliekBIGboom: i think you forgot to define the proxy in your .cpp.

Hope it helps..

DE

« Reply #4 on: 04 Feb 2003, 18:19:05 »
Thx very much. Ill try it now.

DE.