Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Requesting a script  (Read 1287 times)

SgtBaker1112

Requesting a script
« on: 23 Sep 2006, 17:52:01 »
hello everyone. i am trying to find a script, but i can't quite find one which will do what i  want.. so i am requesting if anyone has any they have not submitted or anything..
I am making a survival mission.. with zombies, etc. and i would like to have a script where you get money for kills, and doing certain missions... and where you need to buy food, guns, and ammo with that money.. and maybe even a recruitment center or some respawns. (I plan for the mission to be multiplayer)
i would like to be able to specify which guns can be bought,  and how much money you get for kills/mission,  as as i am using many addons.
i would also like a hunger script... possibly. to where if you don't eat.. you will lose health after a certain amount of time.. or maybe you cant sprint anymore (If thats even possible in flashpoint).
i am not completely stupid when it comes to scripting, so you do not need to make it completely user freindly.. but i just dont have the skills to make something like this that will be optimized for like 4 people coop.
 I know i am asking for a lot.. but if anyone can help me, i would be greatly appreciative.
thank you.
 :)

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
Re: Requesting a script
« Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2006, 21:38:04 »
Your asking for a lot. For what you want your looking for quite a few scripts, and would be very difficult to make.

Maybe this should be moved to scripting ideas?  :scratch:

SgtBaker1112

« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2006, 21:51:30 »
thanks for the reply jason0. as i am asking for a lot, i have decided to scrap a few things to make the script idea more credible, and to save some cpu power.
i am dropping the eating/food idea...
money for kills would be nice... but if i could just get money for... like certain triggers being true that would be fine too.
also, if possible. i need the money buying to be like a store.. i have a few merchants in my map, and when the player gets near them, i wish to have the player to be able to buy things from the merchant.

also, i still really would like to set up what weapons you can buy.
pretty much.. if you can just set up the script for buying like 1 gun or two... i will just change the price, and the gun class name.
thanks again.

Offline Seven

• Members
  • Am I a llama?
« Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2006, 14:02:13 »
Maybe here is something to start with;
You are one of the 4 playable westsoldiers since you said this would be for multiplayer.
Killing an east unit will give you 50 money. Edit nmydown.sqs to change that.
In the rearm.sqs you'll find the loadout you can make for the shop.
You'll need to add more types after ?(_type == "HK"): Goto "HK" which you'll also have to edit in the description.ext
Run towards the civil west from your startpoint to see what it does. Try to buy a HK;  Then kill some soldiers NW of you and return.
I only put in the option to buy a HK so don't try the others yet. Play arround with the cam to fit it to ur needs; I was to lazy to do that  :goodnight:

As for the dialog, well I borrowed that from my ever first dialog I made this week. So if you'd think this is a rather simple dialog I would totally agree with you; maybe someone else can help you with that :) Thisone is only good for a predefinded weapon loadout

Hope it gets you started.

Greetz

edit: I consider myself as a very basic scripter; But maybe with this in ur hands others could improve the little simple scripts I included ;)

SgtBaker1112

« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2006, 15:13:03 »
Thank you very much.. i will play around with this.
 :goodnight:

Offline citizen potato

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 20 Oct 2006, 21:09:54 »
Hey,

Nice idea.

A few months ago I found a moneyscript (MoneyExample.zip -see attachments). I liked the idea so I made my own (money.zip). Maybe you could use these.

Greetz, me