Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Trigger question(noob with big ideas)  (Read 1539 times)

Offline alex eastveld

• Members
Trigger question(noob with big ideas)
« on: 29 Aug 2006, 19:20:29 »
hi im new here. i just started to try my luck at the ofp mission editor and i was wonderingif its posible to make a triger that is only seen by one side, im my case the resitance.

upinu

Re: Trigger question(noob with big ideas)
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2006, 19:42:51 »
Hi.  and welcome  :wave:

Place a tigger on the map then open it. In the activation field you can choose resistance (or east, west....)
Then, the trigger will only be activated by the resistance   

alex_eastveld

« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2006, 22:47:09 »
sorry what i ment was... well heres the situation. im making a mission where both the east and the west canenlist the help of a third party, mercs, what i want is a trigger that will tell the mercs and only the mercs that eather the east or the west has arrived a the meeting point and or drop point. but so far when the trigger is set off everyone sees it.

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2006, 23:39:16 »
Assuming that you are talking about multiplayer here,

if so then wrong forum.

But however:

Since you didn't tell too much what and how you did, i suppose you have a trigger with a radius,
activated by: anybody/present.

Condition field: THIS

Now all you need to do is to add a second condition to it.

side player == resistance

This would make your condition field look like: THIS AND side player == resistance

ah and btw - welcome to the Forums  :wave:

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2006, 01:52:43 »
hi i started this topic in the general section but i was told that it is suposted to be in this section. anyway. what im trying to do is have a trigger in a mp mission that when triggered only one side will see the text. the last post in the old topic said that i should use this and side player == resistance , and it seamed to work but i can try it in multyplayer right now so i was wondering if it would work in multyplayer games.

:warn:

This quote is from your second thread - the one with the same name like this one  :clap:

Ya know what  :goodnight: I don't know if this works  :confused:

I only posted in your thread because i got so bored from not knowing what i should do and then
i saw this guy, asking for something whereabout i totally don't know anything.

But for sure someone will be so nice and proove the answers you get, so that you don't need bother
with maybe some wrong answers.  :banghead:

Sorry to everybody else if i may sound a bit harsh now to a new forum member, but i felt a little bit inacceptable.  :-[

~S~   CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2006, 11:08:58 »
What is the point in having that line in the condition, when you can change the Activation By selection to resistance... works the same right?  ???

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #6 on: 30 Aug 2006, 11:21:28 »
what i want is a trigger that will tell the mercs and only the mercs that eather the east or the west has arrived...

:whistle:

basically who sets off the trigger is immaterial here, so set it to anybody. the condition should read

Code: [Select]
this and ((side (thislist select 0) == "east") or (side (thislist select 0) == "west"))
and the activation line could read something like

Code: [Select]
leader merc_group sidechat format ["We have been contacted by %1", side (thislist select 0)]