Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: leader get in as driver...  (Read 814 times)

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
leader get in as driver...
« on: 05 Jul 2005, 20:22:21 »
what's the easiest way to do this? i have another character, who the player's character must join, and both must get into an empty boat. but i want the leader to get in as driver, rather than as commander. how?

i'd like to avoid script if at all possible. the 'get in' waypoint is doing everything just fine, other than assigning the leader as driver.

ideas?

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Re:leader get in as driver...
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jul 2005, 20:48:46 »
how about leader assighnasdriver truckname then unassign them when they need to get out ?
thats all i can think of the get in waypoint tends to make numer '2' to get in as the driver never seems to be the leader
unless you want to move the leader in as the driver

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jul 2005, 21:05:30 »
Maybe with a trigger

Code: [Select]
condition : you in truck1 && !(driver truck1 == you)
onactivation : you action ["eject", truck1];hint "You have to take the wheel"

« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2005, 21:07:20 by Blanco »
Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jul 2005, 21:36:11 »
To the "On Activation" field of the previous waypoint:

boat setFuel 0; leader group player assignAsDriver boat; player assignAsgunner boat...and then you make the "GetIn" waypoint to the boat. To the "On Activation" of the "GetIn" waypoint:

boat setFuel 1
This way, the leader goes to the driver position and orders the player to get in as gunner. Leader will not go to the next waypoint until player is aboard.

:P

There might come an annoying sentence from the leader: "Out of fuel" but the boat has to be glued to it's position until the player really is aboard. Why? Because the leader might foolishly play with the throttle and make the boat go a few meters away from the beach leaving the player wondering "What now?".

After the boat trip is over, maybe

"unAssignVehicle _x" forEach units group playerwould be good to put into the "On Activation" field of the waypoint that made them come out of the boat.
« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2005, 21:38:10 by Baddo »

Offline bedges

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 06 Jul 2005, 08:10:55 »
well, assigning them to positions within the waypoints didn't work. but assigning them within the cutscene script where the characters meet did work ;)

thankyou sir :)

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #5 on: 06 Jul 2005, 16:09:38 »
well, assigning them to positions within the waypoints didn't work. but assigning them within the cutscene script where the characters meet did work ;)

thankyou sir :)

I tested the method I told and had no problems with it. Probably you have a more complex situation going on there... did you put the assigning code to the correct waypoint (not to the getin wp, but to a previous one)?

Well anyway you got it working.

:)
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2005, 16:10:40 by Baddo »

Offline bedges

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 06 Jul 2005, 16:21:38 »
i did indeed.

scenario - character waits to be met. has a 'move' waypoint, synchronised with a trigger which fires after the cutscene. then comes the 'get in' waypoint. i put the code into the 'on activation' field of the 'move' waypoint.

after the cutscene, the player joins the character, and the switch trigger is fired. off they both go to the boat, and the character gets in as gunner. i had definitely assigned the correct positions to each, but the leader would always board as gunner.

anyways, as i say, i put the 'assignas' code at the end of the cutscene script rather than in the trigger, and it's fine now.

thanks for the input :)
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2005, 16:22:07 by bedges »