Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to use RscInGameUI resources  (Read 854 times)

hermano

How to use RscInGameUI resources
« on: 30 Jun 2005, 15:14:28 »
In rscIGUI.hpp the bis guys defined the resources for the status bars (ammo, fuel, etc.). Does anybody know how to use these? cutrsc, cutobj won't work,  dialogues don't work correctly, also dialogues interrupt the players movement...
It seems there is another, yet unknown method (I already browsed the flashpoint.exe stringtables, haven't found anything yet) to display this information. It would be nice to get a hand at this, for example the functionality for showing ammo-, repair- and fuelcargo-status bars are already there but are not used yet. One way could be to create a modified rscIGUI.hpp and create a mod, but it wouldn't work with other mods that use a config.bin (right?), so I would prefer a simple ingame method. Any ideas anybody?
h

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:How to use RscInGameUI resources
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jul 2005, 05:50:52 »
There is no way to "get" to those via scripting commands. They have to be defined in a unit/vehicle's config. I'm not sure if you can make new ones or edit how they look though. :)
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!