Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The other side of Vietnam...  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Morglor9

• Members
The other side of Vietnam...
« on: 25 Mar 2005, 18:36:12 »
People have made many great 'Nam maps: Mekong Delta, Ia Trang, Ashau Valley, etc... I was wondering why people seem to forget the other side of the Vietnam war: urban combat. It may not have been as big, but is still important. I'm suggesting that someone make a map of a Vietnam city, such as Hue, Quang Tri, or Saigon.
Cymbaline

GI-YO

Re:The other side of Vietnam...
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2005, 19:18:10 »
This idea is a good 'un, but the OFP engine is severly rubbish when it comes to AI and urban areas, there is a script out there on this very site which helps this but im not sure how much it can change the default AI'ness. As far as I can remeber SEB made some empty buildings or if he didnt then editor update has extra buildings which you could add to any of the vietnam maps to recreate the various areas of urban conflict in Vietnam.

GI-YO

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2005, 01:19:56 »
I agree with GI-YO, but I do remember I think it was the nam PMC islands and one that was a 25km island had a big city like area. The islands had no real life places, it just felt like nam. But that island lagged to hell for every little thing. 25km..... ::)

Offline Kaio23

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2005, 17:21:26 »
Can anyone link me to all the good Vietnam maps?

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2005, 17:41:41 »
search the download section "Islands" that this site.

ofp.gamezone.cz

Happy Hunting!
Cymbaline

Offline Kaio23

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2005, 17:46:35 »
Download links are broken :(

Offline Morglor9

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 25 Apr 2005, 00:05:37 »
it's not a download link. it's an OFP site. i'm pointing you in the direction and saying "Look! See for thyself what is available in the OFP kingdom, and ye shall find a suitable island."
Cymbaline