Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Better grenades?  (Read 1836 times)

Offline pexmo

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Better grenades?
« on: 14 Mar 2005, 12:48:03 »
Hello ppl.

Im in search of grenades that can do the following:

1: Dont kill through walls.
2: bounces
3: Dont explode on inpact

Any addons with just grenades around that can do this or similar?

Offline greg147

• Contributing Member
    • Royal Air Assault Battalion
Re:Better grenades?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Mar 2005, 17:19:01 »
Kyle Sarnik made these bouncing, fused grenades not long ago  ;)

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8015
Royal Air Assault Battalion - [L/Cpl] Greg
RAAB

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #2 on: 14 Mar 2005, 20:50:14 »
For one, you need to set the weight of the wall high.. If a wall's geo weights 3000, you can set of a satchal charge the other side of it and he's fine :P
2 and 3, the above script or ECP will do this ;)
- Ben

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2005, 02:57:06 »
Kyle Sarnik made these bouncing, fused grenades not long ago  ;)

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8015

And a new version containing more grenade types will be arriving shortly, so keep posted  ;)

Offline pexmo

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2005, 07:50:34 »
Yeah tested your grenades and they are realy nice, go through some walls but thats on buildings that u sometimes can run through :).

Heard taht ECP has grenades taht uses line of sight that should make them NOT kill through walls.

I have ECP with my y2k3 but does anyone know the names and whats needed soo i can add this grenades to any soldier in their init field and to my descriptions so ppl can pick them at mission start?

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #5 on: 15 Mar 2005, 22:18:32 »
Heard taht ECP has grenades taht uses line of sight that should make them NOT kill through walls.

I don't see how that is possible, and it would also prevent the grenades from going through some bushes and trees, but anyways, in some cases grenades really can be effective through walls.

If you are looking for true replacement grenades, I suggest you wait a few more days for my next release, it will have better textures, new grenade types, and improved scripts. It will also (like the current version) include easy to use scripts to add the grenades to your units and classnames and information on using the scripts will be included in the readme.

A picture of the new grenades:

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2005, 01:53:55 »
hey

kyle,  I got ur new realese, and all the nades are great except I have 1 problem,

the frag grenade is just a satchel charge

the deafault ofp grenade was already pretty unrealistic with its big orrange blast, but u kinda made it more unrealistic.

a frag grenade acctualy looks allot like your flashbang explosion,

the only difference IMO is that a frag grenade has bits of shrapnel(as im sure you already know) and a flash bang has that pepper juice in it i think.

here is a US frag grenade explosion, please make your explosion look like this, that would be so cool.

Also here is a flash bang grenade explosion

also another problem i have,(not with your nades kyle) but with ofp nades in general, is that the crater on the ground is way to bit, heres a pic of a spot of grass where a grenade blew up

maby you could make your nades craters look like that.

thanks

nmanjar

« Reply #7 on: 16 Mar 2005, 03:09:08 »
the nade craters are probably just about as good as youll get by default

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #8 on: 16 Mar 2005, 03:50:32 »
hey

kyle,  I got ur new realese, and all the nades are great except I have 1 problem,

the frag grenade is just a satchel charge

the deafault ofp grenade was already pretty unrealistic with its big orrange blast, but u kinda made it more unrealistic.

a frag grenade acctualy looks allot like your flashbang explosion,

the only difference IMO is that a frag grenade has bits of shrapnel(as im sure you already know) and a flash bang has that pepper juice in it i think.

here is a US frag grenade explosion, please make your explosion look like this, that would be so cool.

Also here is a flash bang grenade explosion

also another problem i have,(not with your nades kyle) but with ofp nades in general, is that the crater on the ground is way to bit, heres a pic of a spot of grass where a grenade blew up

maby you could make your nades craters look like that.

thanks

If you are unsatisfied with the explosion effects, there is really nothing I can do, except reccomend FlashFX, since the explosions look more realistic. The explosion effects your using (probably default) are the problem, not my grenades, since they use the default explosion, so if you get FlashFX, it will change the default explosions to more realistic ones. Basicly, the default OFP explosion is too big compared to the power of the explosive, FlashFX should fix that problem, and as for the FB, the FB just uses the smoke (like the explosion on the frag minus the explosion part). As for the craters, those are all default, you would need to replace the default crater models allready in OFP with new ones, thus changing the craters for every other weapon.
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2005, 03:51:00 by Kyle Sarnik »