Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Tanks and ammo  (Read 435 times)

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
Tanks and ammo
« on: 07 Feb 2005, 22:00:40 »
Am I going mad or am I imagining things?

If an Abrams has no sabots it seems not to be able to get any back from a perfectly good ammo truck.  This is true whether it has fired them all off or if it has had a removemagazines applied to it.  If the sabots, the heats and the mg magazines are all removed then it is not possible to rearm the tank at all!

If I have such an empty tank and then I addMagazine"Heat120" (note the singular)  I get 35 Sabots!!.  If I addMagazine"Shell120" then I get 35 Heats!!

Is this what other people have found?

I haven't even started looking at some of the other tanks
« Last Edit: 07 Feb 2005, 22:01:37 by THobson »

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re:Tanks and ammo
« Reply #1 on: 07 Feb 2005, 22:55:14 »
yes, is the short answer. i have a cheat on the go which gives the player some heavy artillery to fire from under the armpits, and the tank ammo names do indeed seem to be reversed. as for equipping tanks properly, dunno, though each time in the flashpoint missions tank rearming has gone without a hitch.

only testing will reveal the answer i suspect.

cheers :)

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 07 Feb 2005, 23:09:49 »
Thanks.  So I am not going completely loopy then?!

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 08 Feb 2005, 02:20:45 »
Actually, now you come to mention it, I have a vague recollection that that is the case.   I seem to remember wanting a tank to start with no ammo (in some mission that never came to anything) and having problems.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 08 Feb 2005, 08:20:05 »
Well have I have exactly the same need - as you know.  My choice seems to be:
- start off with a tank in a repair facility that has little fuel, serious damage and a full load of ammo!
- create some addAction type script that replaces the default action and somehow not actioning it when the default takes over.

In fact I already have an idea.  Just shows what writing down your problems can do!!