Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: cant get background textures to load  (Read 1450 times)

vectordude

cant get background textures to load
« on: 21 Sep 2002, 18:42:48 »
i was trying colonel klinks tutorial on making the piper cheyenne but im unable to get that background picture to load. this happened to me with the m16 tutorial as well. does anybody know whats wrong?

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
Re:cant get background textures to load
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2002, 19:02:47 »
best way i have found is to convert the background texture into a paa or pac format, and make sure that the size is a multiple of 2 (eg 64, 128, 512)

SelectThis

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2002, 19:25:55 »
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Smudge

« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2002, 15:44:08 »
Before you shout at me, I have read the FAQ and I still can't get a background image.

O2 converts my GIF into a PAC but won't display the picture.
It doesn't work for the M16 GIF either. When I try setting my dll folder to where I've installed o2 then next time I start o2 it crashes. If I leave the setting blank it seems to work.

I'm probably doing something basic wrong, but I can't find what it is.

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2002, 17:12:47 »
If it converts the gif to a .pac and still doesn't show

and you have the Original CD in the CD drive

Then I don't know.

I can see .pac from anywhere on my machine so path for dll's are not the problem.

The only way I can replicate the problem on one of my machines is to leave the CD out.

There is another guy at Bis Forums who has a similar problem to you - here is the thread containing the discussion

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard301/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d8dcded1177ffff;act=ST;f=47;t=20041;st=10

Unfortunately Maverick is still having problems :(

Good luck.
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2002, 17:21:30 »
Maybe you could try converting the gif to tga first........then convert to pac.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Smudge

« Reply #6 on: 22 Sep 2002, 18:14:23 »
Well I tried uninstalling OFP:CWC and Res and then only installing CWC and copying that config across. Didn't work. >:(

I don't know what to do. Short of throwing the PC out of the window of course. :-\

Smudge

vectordude

« Reply #7 on: 22 Sep 2002, 19:32:26 »
ok i got this fixed myself.........but of course now i have other problems.......but this is how i got them to work.....

place 02 and 02 viewers (everything from both of your zip files) into one folder......um i kept the 02 viewer's paltopac.dll i dunno if that matters or not but o well.

and they should not be in the ofp folder, i did that the first time does not work, who knows maybe oxygen doesn't like me.

well after that the background textures seem to work fine.......except that they keep on disappearing sometimes

Skaircro

« Reply #8 on: 27 Sep 2002, 16:51:20 »
If you are using TGA files, make sure they arent compressed.

I use Paint Shop Pro 5.
In the 'Image Preview' area on the Open File window you can check the pics details.
There it will tell you if it is using compression.

I dont know about other image editing progs though.

Offline PakoAry

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 01 Oct 2002, 07:25:33 »
well after that the background textures seem to work fine.......except that they keep on disappearing sometimes

Then it's as good as it gets. Apparently bg texture disappearing is a bug and there is no pesticide for it, just a detour around. Scousejedi and I asked around and, so far, this is how it is...

check it out:
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard301/ikonboard.cgi?s=3d991f5330aaffff;act=ST;f=47;t=20120

good luck
té mais
Pako Ary