Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Request Thunderbirds/Blue Angels  (Read 1504 times)

MrScary

Request Thunderbirds/Blue Angels
« on: 17 Oct 2004, 06:24:47 »
Thought this would be a cool idea to run with for someone who knows what they're doing.  Can anyone skin an existing F16/F18 addon and add a colored smoke script/effects for a display team?  I found a template for the Thunderbirds.  

http://www.planettribes.com/krun/usaf.htm
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2004, 06:25:48 by MrScary »

Coldfire

Re:Request Thunderbirds/Blue Angels
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2004, 06:42:15 »
not a bad Idea... why not Canada's Snowbirds as well? It wouldn't be hard if your already doing F-18s with smoke displays.

My only question is could you get them to do complex formations together...

MrScary

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2004, 07:43:19 »
As far as the complex formations, you could have the AI run the diamond and do the basic stuff with a spotter on the ground to take screenshots or whatever.  For the real thing, you would need to run it in MP with others who are decent pilots.  It would take a lot of practice, but can be done.  My squadmates and I can already do quite a few of the display formations such as the diamond loop and inverted passes.  The only problem is simply we all suck at creating addons/scripts or else we would've done this long ago.

Coldfire

« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2004, 07:48:53 »
Cool... I was talking about a script or somthing so that the AI could do it. It'd make a good start to a mission...
IF you could add somthing like a smoke script to an already existing F18 it would be enough... it could be started in the action menu and turned of the same way. Or a weapon that emits smoke as long as you hold down the fire button, I saw a Lynx smoke generator that did that (mind you that was a armored unit but I assume it could be done with air units as well)

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2004, 20:49:28 »
why not Canada's Snowbirds as well?
seems a little country biased? :D

Whatta they look like? White F16s or something?

I thought I heard a while back that planes don't like to fly close to each other cause of collision stuff and the weird AI....

I could be wrong, but it sounds cool. :)

Avenger29

« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2004, 05:51:43 »
I thought the Snowbirds flew T-33's (the training version of the Lockheed P-80)

At least, that was what I last heard

If not, the spare parts must have been too hard to find

Coldfire

« Reply #6 on: 20 Oct 2004, 01:50:53 »
I thought the Snowbirds flew T-33's (the training version of the Lockheed P-80)

At least, that was what I last heard

If not, the spare parts must have been too hard to find

Last I heard they upgraded to older moddle C/F-18s... Though im not 100% on that info. Either way just some white F-18s with decorative smoke would be cool.