Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Resistance changeing side.  (Read 559 times)

Lucky Ed

Resistance changeing side.
« on: 17 Mar 2004, 23:23:51 »
I need the resistance soldiers to ignore me in the beginning of a mission, and I was planning on doing this by makeing them change side by a trigger.
But is this possible and how?
There is a command called "Resistance side" but I can find no description on how it works...
 ???

Kaliyuga

Re:Resistance changeing side.
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2004, 23:33:08 »
 well my suggestion is that you set the player to captive status in the beginning of your mission and you can easily change that via a trigger or script later on

this setcaptive true    in the units init field

nameofunit setcaptive false  in a trigger/script

:toocool:

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 17 Mar 2004, 23:44:11 »
There is no command "resistance side".     There is a command "side", which returns the side of a unit.    For example, you could have this line in a script:-

? side _loon1 == resistance: goto "next"

Syntax not guaranteed, that's just a demo.  "Resistance" does appear in the comref as one of the four possible things that the side command can return.    The others are of course west, east and civilian.    Hope that clears things up.    When you're not sure about a command, always check both the online version of the command reference and also the Unofficial comref - between them they almost always explain how to use it.

There is no way to change the side of a unit in a mission, in fact you can't even change it in the editor.   Depending on circumstances, it is possible to fake it but from what you've said it sounds like Kali's solution is what you need.
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2004, 23:46:07 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 17 Mar 2004, 23:45:42 »
The Resistance side you saw in the command reference was only a description of this command, it wasn't an example of usage.

I think this could be used something like:

side=resistance
or
side=west

....etc

Probably in a config or somesuch

Macgube beat me to it  

Planck ;D
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2004, 23:48:52 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Lucky Ed

« Reply #4 on: 17 Mar 2004, 23:58:15 »
Think the setcaptive idea is the best one for now...
Maybe I don't need it anyway.... seems like my little birds are pretty stealthy at the insertion.  ;D

Another one: Is there somewhere a description of all the waypoints and their options and settings?

Loup-Garou

« Reply #5 on: 18 Mar 2004, 15:41:12 »
Search in the editing FAQ for the waypoints description. About resistance : don't forget that you can change the resistance's attitude in the editor (friendly to west / east / nobody). SetCaptive is a good idea, as you say. Note : you can change the side of a unit by using this old trick : link it (F2) with an officer of the side you want the unit to be (the officer MUST have a higher rank than the unit). In the officer's init field type : deleteVehicle this.  8)
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2004, 15:41:26 by Loup-Garou »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #6 on: 18 Mar 2004, 18:21:02 »
Any of the good general tutes will tell you about waypoint types, try the biggie by Rob hangfire and snYpir.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play