Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Whats going on here?  (Read 975 times)

Offline Davies1

• Members
  • Bugger this for a game of soldiers!
Whats going on here?
« on: 11 Sep 2002, 22:46:39 »
Hi this can be locked as soon as if needs be but it needs to be said.

I asked if someone would help me introduce a custom sound into a multiplayer game.

The initial result was good however a few elitist people complained that their secrets were being given away.
Then the topic got out of hand and ended up talking about the 02 release?

Whats going on?

There was complaint that noobs will make sounds that are too big and slow down their precious servers, i can agree with that, but most sound clips can be compressed, and if someone noted or told new users how it would be best to have small sound files, then this mess wouldnt happen. Seem reasonable?

It was also said that all noobs are dumb, but on second glance these more clever people managed to stray from the topic didn't they?

Swings 'n' roundabouts boys.

Oh and please forgive me for daring to believe that this forum was designed to help people in the mysterious world of OFP editing i'll obviously remember that only the venerable ones must use the editor and some of the not so obvious features of the game.
Accept my apologies oh great ones      >:(

apart from that everything is dandy.
Beer is the fuel for the Heavy Metal Engine.

Offline Dinger

• Contributing Member
  • where's the ultra-theoretical mega-scripting forum
Re:Whats going on here?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2002, 00:01:35 »
And that's why the topic got locked Davies.
When this one gets locked, it will probably be because this forum is for questions about editing, not for comments on the board (cf. the forum dedicated to that).

But just so you don't get the wrong idea and think that the future locking/moving of this topic is due to some impropriety on your part (besides posting off-topic):
Don't let the comments of a few ruin your day. If OFPEC was about anything less than the absolute free exchange of ideas and tips, it would not exist.  Besides, it's a small mind that jealously hordes innovation, especially when it forgets the basic truth that if one pusillanimous editor can figure it out, odds are another can too.
Dinger/Cfit

Bremmer

« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2002, 00:05:12 »
Well said Dinger (althouth I had to look up pusillanimous in one of those books with all the words in it  ;))

PLUS

If you read the thread you'll see that it was only one person trying to hoard info, and when he admitted it he was immediately jumped on by a couple of well respected vets.

Please don't tarnish us all with the same brush because of one persons idiocy. OFPEC is all about the free exchange of information.

Cheers

:)

« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2002, 00:13:50 by Bremmer »

Offline Black_Feather

• Former Staff
  • I'll never forget you Daisey.
« Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2002, 01:43:50 »
Most people here will tell you everything you need to know so just stick around and ask your questions.

topic locked