Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Hand to hand combat units  (Read 1597 times)

Offline baca85

• Members
Hand to hand combat units
« on: 24 Jun 2003, 23:32:31 »
I dont know if this is possible with the current ofp, but iwould like to know if it is possible. Would it be possible to make units that could fight hand to hand battles once at close range with an enemy to allow stealth attacks on single infantry units? I know of the gunstroke and stroke attacks but I mean units that could possible use kicking, punching or throwing attacks. And would someone  be able to produce units like this.

Coporal_Punishment

Re:Hand to hand combat units
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2003, 00:48:27 »
It will take you a while to do all the animations

Offline baca85

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jun 2003, 00:51:55 »
I realise that but it would add something to ofp that is not there already and i think it would be well suited for our mod.

Shaggy

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jun 2003, 00:53:49 »
Yeh i am in desprete need of that too. I would try and animate it if I knew where to get the animation creation program for OFP..any one know where to find it?

I need to have the close combat animations too, it is esstenial for my MOD ;)

Offline baca85

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jun 2003, 20:19:04 »
Yeh i am in desprete need of that too. I would try and animate it if I knew where to get the animation creation program for OFP..any one know where to find it?

I need to have the close combat animations too, it is esstenial for my MOD ;)
I think leathal hand combat would be best suite to when you get to close to the enemy and run the risk of shooting your on guys what is any ones elses view i would like to know.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jun 2003, 20:40:31 »
 Here's the thing....   for one you could do all these animations and such if you wanted...

but you would have to build them on a frame by frame basis unless you got a nice motion capture studio somewhere to use, and by the time you do dozens and dozens of animations OFP2 will be out   :P

when the tools were released LCD made a fairly decent kicking animation.
and it only took an ungodly amount of hours to do it  :-\

and my second point is:  you cannot map keys to actions in OFP, so you would be fighting by choosing through an elaborate menu of action commands or radio commands for each kick/punch/etc

there may be some hand to hand in OFP2 as I seem to recall it being mentioned in an interview, but OFP isn't "Enter the Matrix", nor will it ever be.

you could spend hours and hours making animations only to be used in cutscenes or something like that.. or possibly some extremely complex scripting for the AI, but I just don't see this happening for the player in an easy to use, fun to play manner.
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2003, 20:41:53 by Kaliyuga »

Offline baca85

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2003, 20:43:45 »
@Kaliyuga well you could create a weapon then and have it configed to do the attacks if you know what i mean.

max_killer_payne

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jun 2003, 20:47:17 »
well this is a start

*name of your unit* AddMagazine "StrokeFist";*name of your unit* AddWeapon "StokeFist"

and it creates a pretty crappy animation, but it does the trick just about.

« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2003, 20:47:54 by max_killer_payne »

Offline baca85

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 26 Jun 2003, 20:53:18 »
I know about those i said about that when i first posted this topic but thanks anyway. I that the attacks could be attached like other weapons but instead make it so the weapon config would call the animations so the soldier would be able to attack by using the right mouse button as normal.
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2003, 20:54:29 by baca85 »

Bucket man

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jun 2003, 02:29:55 »
How about a rifle that has bayonet and you could choose from the action menu something like "strike with bayonet" and soldier would just poke with his rifle.
This way it would need only one animation and with scripting it would do damage.

Or a weapon bit like grenade launcher on rifle that would have really low fire distance.
It would be selected like burst fire or grenades and when you fire bayonet attack animation would come and soldiers within range would take damage

Offline baca85

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 27 Jun 2003, 08:53:57 »
I beleive you could have it as a choice in the weapon menu by creating the attack like a weapon then the soldiers with a the gun would be able to toggle between firing bullets or attacking with the bayonet. But i beleive Captain Winters is making hand to hand combat weapons.

max_killer_payne

« Reply #11 on: 27 Jun 2003, 18:16:58 »
Kaliyuga yeh in the interview I think there was a mention of once your outta ammo fixing bayonets and using your fists.

Offline baca85

• Members
« Reply #12 on: 28 Jun 2003, 22:30:54 »
Are you talking about ofp2 max_killer_payne

PsychoSniper

« Reply #13 on: 05 Jul 2003, 10:56:33 »
Hey make it work for Version 1.46 as well. Noone in my clan plays the res.

max_killer_payne

« Reply #14 on: 05 Jul 2003, 11:31:46 »
Yeah, in the OFP2 interview