Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Chemical Warfare (BAS D/R)  (Read 28567 times)

asmodeus

Re:Chemical Warfare (BAS Desert Delta/Ranger) SP
« Reply #135 on: 19 Jun 2003, 12:04:29 »
Ok, Avon meant to reply in this thread with this:

Two things:

1. After I radioed Puma to retreat, they still broadcast a radio request that they're down to the last 2 men and request permission to retreat. Hmmmm.....

2. Finished the mission in veteran mode. Did everything except find the documents. When I blew up the facility, I killed one friendly. Nevertheless, I killed 4 enemies, an officer, scores of scuds, jeeps and trucks and a BMP. Yet my score was -200 and a single gold star. Does -200 tabulate? A negative score for all that hard work?

3. This could have been an AMORE compliant mission.

Otherwise, looks good, all the way through the outro.

So... Here's your answers!  Thanks for the feedback, btw! ;)

1.  That should almost never happen.. It's only if Puma loses all but 2 of their guys while retreating... Plus that's the only voice file I have for that situation...  (Just assume the Puma leader is all amped on adrenaline.. He doesn't know what he's talking about!)   ;)   :P

Maybe I'll ask Sui to record one more voice file for that eventuality... Then add another 2-4 variables in there..  (this mission has tons of variables by now!)   :o   ;)

2.  Ahh, but you lost almost all, if not all of Puma squad, correct?  They count towards or against your score as well.  (you can thank Sui for that idea)   :P

3.  We already talked about that didn't we?  (remember the IM's?)   ;)

Thanks again for the feedback!

@ Sui

Feel like recording 1 more voice file for me?   ::)   ;)

"This is Puma squad, we've only got two men left.  Leaving the area.  Out."

(Freaked out again, but glad to be leaving)

If you can't do it, no problem.. I'll just disable that other voice file she's talking about after the player orders the retreat.   ;)

Asmo
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2003, 12:07:35 by Asmodeus »

The Avon Lady

« Reply #136 on: 19 Jun 2003, 13:45:03 »
In the README, regarding the DKM_Mod error, you should mention that some people have resolved this error by downloading the latest version of DKM's Comanche helicopter, V1.12. If the problem continues to occur after upgrading the Comanche, then all DKM addons should be removed from the Addons folder before playing the mission.

The Avon Lady

« Reply #137 on: 19 Jun 2003, 14:47:29 »
You know that annoying yellow waypoint marker at the start of the mission, that appears even if you're in veteran mode?

You said you couldn't get rid of it and that it may be a BAS bug. But if there's a waypoint, then you coded it. Why not simply remove the waypoint?

If for some reason you cannot remove the waypoint, nevertheless it seems to lead to the enemy base. It should lead to the remaining sqaud member's location.

The above would also hold true for the waypoint that shows up when extracting.

Poet

« Reply #138 on: 19 Jun 2003, 19:40:53 »
Its definately a bug with the KLR250's, no other BAS vehicles I tested had it ( though I know there are other addons out there with the same problem, just cant remember which it was .... ).

It only happens when you set a WP to show in "Cadet mode only", and sometimes you do need to put them in for those less advanced players.  Though I agree it should lead to the meet up point with the rest of your squad, unless Asmo put it in only to help the AI for some reason ( I've had to add WPs in the past just for the AI ) in which case it can be changed to "Never show" and it will disappear.

asmodeus

« Reply #139 on: 20 Jun 2003, 04:02:53 »
@ Avon

Thanks!  Good idea about the readme.   ;)

Why not simply remove the waypoint?

Because I like it!  If it's so foggy that you can only see 20 M in front of you, it comes in handy while driving!

However, I like the idea of moving it to Red Devils' FUP.   ;)

I didn't think there was a waypoint for extracting.. I'll remove it if so.    :)

@ Poet

Thanks!

in which case it can be changed to "Never show" and it will disappear.

For some reason when I tried using "never show" it still showed it!  lol  Have you ever actually got that to work?   :P

Asmo

« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2003, 04:03:44 by Asmodeus »

Poet

« Reply #140 on: 20 Jun 2003, 08:28:07 »
The tests I did were only done with one player unit. And the error only occurred with " Show in Cadet Mode"  though I do have a suspicion that if you add AI to your squad, then it might re-appear at "Never Show".
It'll be good if we can track this down and get a good bug report to BAS so they can maybe fix up when they release the updated D&R.

Tigershark

« Reply #141 on: 20 Jun 2003, 09:45:16 »
I think Avon will be hanging out here more...apparently she got a weeks banning for an off topic flame session over at the official forums.

Another justification that closing POLWAR was a good thing.

Avon....hope this incident hasn't scared you away from the community.

The Avon Lady

« Reply #142 on: 20 Jun 2003, 10:06:18 »
I think Avon will be hanging out here more...apparently she got a weeks banning for an off topic flame session over at the official forums.

Another justification that closing POLWAR was a good thing.

Avon....hope this incident hasn't scared you away from the community.
Well, now I'll just have to start spamming here. 8)

But seriously folks.........................

No, I've not been frightened away. I've just been gagged at the BIS forums for a week for replying to a flame from a moderator.

Makes it a bit difficult to participate in the on-topic OFP thread but that's a small price to pay IMO.

asmodeus

« Reply #143 on: 26 Jun 2003, 14:07:03 »
@ Avon

I agree with Tigershark.   ;)  You're an important part of the community.  :-*  (And POLWAR was good to retire when it did)   ;)

@ Everyone

Final ?? Version out!

V1_8!!

Changes/Fixes:

• Moved waypoint to go to Red Devil's FUP.
  • Fixed Puma's possible radio messages for if they have 2 guys left and you ordered them to retreat.  (2 different ones for different situations)  Thanks to LCD for the help with this!   :)
  • Other general improvements

So...  You can get it here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jehning1/CW1_8.zip  (4.98 MB)

I appreciate all the great beta testing!  :cheers:

Asmo

GodHatesUsAll

« Reply #144 on: 26 Jun 2003, 14:59:24 »
Downloaded 1.8.

Fucking good.

But i annoyingly kept getting killed by soldiers that i couldnt even see. >:(

On the way to the factory i was doing about 160 on the KLR, and unexpectedly BANG into a rock. hahahahahahahhaha!

Fuck that cracked me up.

But bloody good mission.

Definately the best user mission ive played.  ;)

asmodeus

« Reply #145 on: 27 Jun 2003, 01:14:50 »
Thanks GHUA!!   ;D

But i annoyingly kept getting killed by soldiers that i couldnt even see.  >:(

Weird!  Was it foggy that time that you played?  Or was it just good 'ole OFP AI weirdness?   ;)   :P

On the way to the factory i was doing about 160 on the KLR, and unexpectedly BANG into a rock.

lol  I've done that a few times!  "1, Cease fire!"  lol   ;D

But bloody good mission.

Definately the best user mission ive played.  ;)

Whoa!   :o  Thanks a lot man!  :thumbsup:

Asmo

GodHatesUsAll

« Reply #146 on: 27 Jun 2003, 11:11:52 »
Weird!  Was it foggy that time that you played?  Or was it just good 'ole OFP AI weirdness?

Yeah. It was bloody foggy  ;D

Its good that its so foggy, because then it doesnt lag much  ;D

asmodeus

« Reply #147 on: 27 Jun 2003, 13:27:23 »
That makes more sense! :)  Thanks again for testing the mission!   8)

Yeah, I really like that random weather script!  Thanks toadlife!   ;)  

Also,  Thanks to The Avon Lady for her review of this mission on her website!  

:cheers:

Asmo

GodHatesUsAll

« Reply #148 on: 28 Jun 2003, 05:25:14 »
Random Weather?

OHHHH.

Thats why one time it was foggy, the next it wasnt so foggy.  :P

asmodeus

« Reply #149 on: 03 Jul 2003, 12:01:56 »
Exactly!   :)  

I think it's cool and makes the mission more replayable.   :)

Soooo...  Would you prounounce this mission done?  Anybody see any last things before I submit it?   8)

Thanks again for all the help!  :cheers:

Asmo