Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Respawning  (Read 1822 times)

breakaristic7n7

Respawning
« on: 02 Sep 2002, 04:23:26 »
Topic explains itself... does anyone know the coding for respawning... and what else... umMmMmM... also, anyone know how to have a tank or chopper attack a building?

MaZ

Re:Respawning
« Reply #1 on: 02 Sep 2002, 05:02:29 »
right, if you're talking about simple soldier respawning (not vehicles) for multiplayer, what u wanna do is create two markers (preferably oval or rectangular in shape) and name them respawn_east and respawn_west.

Place em where u want the respawn points to be for the respective team, then create a text file called description.ext in your  mission directory, and inside it put

respawn = "Base"
respawndelay = 3

u can change respawndelay to however much u want it to delay before respawn.

By the way. This only works in TRUE multiplayer mode, so it wont work if u test the mission in the mission editor.

If you're talking about vehicle respawn, tell me and i'll try to explain :)

About the building thing... If u place a gamelogic over the building you want attacked, and then do 'this dotarget gamelogic' on the tank u want to attack it, then 'this dofire gamelogic', it should attack the building (well, really it attacks the gamelogic, but as its nr / inside the building it should work...)

hope that helps :)

Pope_Zog

« Reply #2 on: 03 Sep 2002, 15:50:53 »
Or better yet, why didn't you read the sticky at the top of this forum? That way you'd only have to ask one question :P

Pope Zog

jiga

« Reply #3 on: 01 Nov 2002, 00:26:44 »
That's because the sticky at the top of the forum is not clear, for instance

"By the way. This only works in TRUE multiplayer mode, so it wont work if u test the mission in the mission editor."

That little snipet should be included, I did not know that you could not test respawns in the mission editor preview...

Seems to me that allot of the tutorials here need to be allot more clear for us beginners. We all had to start at one time or another, right...  :-\

Pope_Zog

« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2002, 13:51:07 »
Fair enough :) After a while some things may seem "obvious" so it's good beginners like yourself point out what's missing. Thank you.

Pope Zog

Diealot

« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2002, 19:58:38 »
I have ver 1.46 OFP and you say that Base repawn does not work in Preview, I have been trying to do a script where players respawn back at base drop out of group and wait for the rest of the group which survived arrive at the base when they are completed their mission. Where they will rejoin the group and continue to the next mission and when players die it happens all over again.  I have been using the respawn base and mine works in preview mode. Of course I am the only player the other 8 are AI players but the respawn seems to work.

Offline Ranger

• Members
  • Hoo-ah!
« Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2002, 20:23:46 »
Diealot:  So you got my code ideas to work okay?  If so, great!
Ranger