Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What's up with Ballistic Addon Studios  (Read 48652 times)

Wires

Re:What's up with Ballistic Addon Studios
« Reply #195 on: 19 Nov 2002, 00:40:14 »
Very cool DeadMeat.
One thing 8's arm seems to be sticking through 1's head, does this happen because of movement in the anim? could 8 maybe be moved back a bit?

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #196 on: 19 Nov 2002, 01:12:05 »
well it dosnt look to bad and how many people are they really spose to fit in these things with full gear but i dont really care as long as u release them ill be happy ;D

contraz0rz

« Reply #197 on: 19 Nov 2002, 02:44:40 »
wow that screenie is awesome!

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #198 on: 19 Nov 2002, 05:48:10 »
Select This's Huey Had Guys sitting on the Side I think there was more than 2 on each side, I think he fit 4 but I'm not sure? :-\

mattmayhem

« Reply #199 on: 19 Nov 2002, 16:40:23 »
How much does the real MH-60 carry? 12-14 guys?

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #200 on: 19 Nov 2002, 17:14:13 »
well, in real life you can get up to 14 people into a blackhawk, but, irl pepole twist and bend to fit into the space better, unfortunatley atm we are limited to using the BIS animations for our cargo, which limits the number of people we can realistically squeeze in, due to the fact that they are all of the same size/shape, and are quite wide (look how broad their shoulders are in the screenshot...)

If we do make new cargo anims the number will be increased up to 12, but, that is only if we make new anims...and there is definately NO promise there....

Mr.ThunderMakeR

« Reply #201 on: 19 Nov 2002, 21:54:37 »
well as i promised, hers a pic for ya...

[img removed]mh60_cargo.jpg[/img]

Its hard to tell how much space is left in this pic but it looks like you could move #6 over a little bit and fit another on the floor in the middle.  Also, could you squeeze one in on the floor between the two gunner seats?  It looks like there is some extra space there.
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2002, 07:14:54 by Mr.ThunderMakeR »

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #202 on: 20 Nov 2002, 04:50:04 »
Well Realilsticly you can Squeeze as many People, as you really need in a Black Hawk, I know the Coast Guard's Record for a Jay Hawk (maybe a little bigger but Not much) is somewhere around 25 people, but they didn't have Gear, Gunners, or Guns... soo. But you guys should try for 12 people, because a real Squad or Ranger Chalk is 12 men, but if it just Don't work out, well we under stand, but try the Ammo Crate Idea, that should work.

mattmayhem

« Reply #203 on: 20 Nov 2002, 04:56:59 »
8 is a good number, thats the standard OFP squad anyways.

mattmayhem

« Reply #204 on: 20 Nov 2002, 06:48:57 »
I noticed that in the movie black hawk down and in pictures the rear bulkhead of the blackhawk cabin extends about 2 feet into the rear, unlike your model which is equal to the door, I read somewhere that that space is used by fuel tanks on the MH-60 so i geuss thats what youre trying to reproduce , but if you did away with that it would open that extra space for more guys.
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2002, 06:49:27 by mattmayhem »

Eviscerator

« Reply #205 on: 20 Nov 2002, 07:06:37 »
yeah, there is an auxillary fuel tank there, i dont think it will be removed, from what ive seen its normally there for a journey of any reasonable length, the blackhawks in blackhawk down only had to travel a couple of km didnt they? (ive never seen the film)

mattmayhem

« Reply #206 on: 20 Nov 2002, 07:23:59 »
Yea, It was only like 3 miles from their base to the target area so fuel obviously was not a probelm.
 Thanks for clearing that up about that space, i figured thats what it was.  ;)

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #207 on: 20 Nov 2002, 14:37:19 »
yeah, the fuel tank will stay, without the fuel tank, the helo has a time range of 1 and a half hours out to target, a 30 min loiter time, and then 1 hour 30 back...

With the fuel tank the time in and out are increased to 3 hours... so you can see why it will be needed, i appreciate that the ofp islands are only small, but for the purpose of ofp, you want the longest loiter time possible...

as for the ammo boxes, they would not make any difference to the total no of people the helo is able carry, this is for the reason, that to have the proxies placed so that the units dont overlap (look in the bis uh-60, and the guys in the back, their shoulders are all merged into one and it looks crappy...)
we can still only have 2 people per side, and that would give us a maximum of 9 people anyway, so there is no real advantage to add these extra polys, pushing the count up and up (it is 4200 atm)
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2002, 14:40:28 by DeadMeatXM2 »

mattmayhem

« Reply #208 on: 20 Nov 2002, 15:03:49 »
yeah, the fuel tank will stay, without the fuel tank, the helo has a time range of 1 and a half hours out to target, a 30 min loiter time, and then 1 hour 30 back...

Just for arguments sake I would like to point out that that is more than enough fuel for OFP's needs, I mean I've never run out of fuel playing that game with any chopper ever and they (at least the UH-60 mg ) seem to have normal fuel tanks... With the MH-60 you guys are making the more pressing problem seems to be troop capacity...I for one am not concerned about the fuel.
Mabey you could remove the tanks on the model that does not have the refuel probe and leave them on the one that does. That was we could use the one without the tanks for short range assaults and the other for long range insertion...

Either way i know you guys will do a great job,  8 people is enough capacity so don't listen to my early morning ramblings   ;).
BTW is there enough room between 2 and 3 to have another guy kneeling mabey?

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #209 on: 20 Nov 2002, 19:28:20 »
Just for arguments sake I would like to point out that that is more than enough fuel for OFP's needs, I mean I've never run out of fuel playing that game with any chopper ever and they (at least the UH-60 mg ) seem to have normal fuel tanks..

Thats actually where you are wrong m8, the BIS UH-60's have far too much fuel... in the official config you will find that the bis helo has a fuelcapacity of 1000, that gives you 17 hours of flying time...

Our MH-60's have fuelcapacity of 210 (with the extra fuel tank), which gives you 3 hours flying time...I do like your idea about the with/without tanks, I will speak to the guys and see what they say.

Regarding the cargo, I am currently looking at ways to "Squash" more men in, without it looking crap...
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2002, 19:34:02 by DeadMeatXM2 »