Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The lost script!  (Read 1268 times)

B-2-0

The lost script!
« on: 29 May 2003, 18:31:11 »
I am using Vektorboson's downwash script in my C&H, when i export to MP and start up the mission, as i get to the briefing screen i get an "Script Effects/Downwash.sqs not found" error.   Also the shockdust script isn't working although i don't get an error for that.

Anyone know why??

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
Re:The lost script!
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2003, 18:50:26 »
Script Effects/Downwash.sqs not found" error.

This means that it is expecting to find the "Downwash.sqs" in a folder called "Effects" and it simply isnt there

If your downwash.sqs isnt in a folder, either put it in a folder called "Effects" or change the line for whatever trigger or script is calling for it in there
« Last Edit: 29 May 2003, 18:51:28 by Terox »
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123

B-2-0

« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2003, 18:58:45 »
Ok, i took the downwash and Shockdust scripts out of the effects folder and ammended the init fields of the relevant vehicles.  The downwash is now working fine but not the shockdust. :-\

It seems that the effects file isn't being exported to MP....there is an sqf file in there called circle.sqf....it came in the effects file with the shockdust script therefore it is needed but i can't find reference to it anywhere in the script so i can remove the effects/ part.

I wouldn't need to do this if i knew why the effects file wasn't being imported....someone help please!!
« Last Edit: 29 May 2003, 19:17:25 by B-2-0 »

B-2-0

« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2003, 19:32:12 »
Ok, i did the obvious thing (Duh) and un-pbo'd the mission and the Effects file is there so why am i getting the error that it can't be found ???

This is the only thing holding me back from my first beta-test...HELP!!!
« Last Edit: 29 May 2003, 19:33:29 by B-2-0 »

beowulf2014

« Reply #4 on: 02 Jun 2003, 02:44:30 »
just put the .sqf file in the mission outside of the effects folder with the script and it works. I have been inccorperating that into doolittle respawn as well.
 the reason that it isnt working in multiplayer is that is running server side and not local side. Using Doolittles respawn with the publicvaribles I have been able to not only pass this on locally but also have it work after respawn. Its not ready for release let alone beta testing but its close :)

B-2-0

« Reply #5 on: 03 Jun 2003, 04:46:01 »
Thanx BeoWulf....u done it again!! ;)