Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Training Depot Error  (Read 4035 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:Training Depot Error
« Reply #15 on: 01 Jun 2003, 00:03:48 »
mebe add animator (now dat we have da tools) 2 dajob types ;D

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #16 on: 01 Jun 2003, 00:31:14 »
Toadlife, I have to say I pretty much agree with you - there's no real advantage to having the skills section, not least because the skills you need are pretty obvious from the vacancy in question.     We need to see what Noon thinks of course.

And yes, LCD, animator is another good one.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 01 Jun 2003, 01:16:47 »
Totally agree. After taking a good look at the different "abilities", I'm thinking we might want to completely nix the abilities Section and instead expand the catagories in "vacancies". If any specific skills are needed the author could just list them in the Description Section.

Those are just my ideas though. We'll have to take them to the OFPEC gods and see if they don't crush them like ants.   ;)
Toadlife, I have to say I pretty much agree with you - there's no real advantage to having the skills section, not least because the skills you need are pretty obvious from the vacancy in question.     We need to see what Noon thinks of course.

Thanks toadlife and macguba, and to all the others who offered suggestions.

I will take them all under advisement and look towards getting something more appropriate put in place for the Abilities area.

You're all correct in that the skills required are varied, and the abilities vary as to which program people choose to utilise. ie: 3D Max or Lightwave, PBO Tool or UnPBO, etc etc

With regards to the vacancies area, we'll keep that as is, because we don't want "general" ads where someone just says "Great mod, need help" and ticks all the categories.

Thanks again all. :)
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 01 Jun 2003, 02:25:25 »
I don't see a point in having tons of different categories. I think seven or eight more general categories would be just right. If we had about a hundret applications a month, then we could think about more categories.

bmgarcangel

« Reply #19 on: 01 Jun 2003, 05:20:02 »
You know Toadlife, I think most people won't look at say a Mission Maker ad if he is really a voice acter.  Most people won't go to categories they don't want to be in and most people won't go to look in the posters specific skills section if they don't like that category.   ;)
« Last Edit: 01 Jun 2003, 05:24:40 by BMGARCANGEL <BrendanG> »

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #20 on: 01 Jun 2003, 06:19:45 »
I don't see a point in having tons of different categories. I think seven or eight more general categories would be just right. If we had about a hundret applications a month, then we could think about more categories.
I agree completely, Sefe.

Unless the Training Depot too quickly becomes the hub of community hiring, then the current system is fine with only a couple of minor changes.

You know Toadlife, I think most people won't look at say a Mission Maker ad if he is really a voice acter.  Most people won't go to categories they don't want to be in and most people won't go to look in the posters specific skills section if they don't like that category.   ;)
Given what Toadlife has said, this response makes no sense at all, other than stating the blatantly obvious...
Care to clarify it for us? :)
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

bmgarcangel

« Reply #21 on: 01 Jun 2003, 06:36:48 »
ah, ya............................ ;D

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #22 on: 01 Jun 2003, 12:06:37 »
Beg your pardon?

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #23 on: 01 Jun 2003, 12:57:56 »
you know you don't have to beg around here, sefe. Just click your fingers  ;)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

fragsta

« Reply #24 on: 01 Jun 2003, 22:46:59 »
I'm finding this topic confusing, but I would like to say I think you should have a vacancy option of "Other" because I need to put an ad for UAR submissions, and I don't know what I should do.

bmgarcangel

Training Depot Debate
« Reply #25 on: 01 Jun 2003, 23:19:01 »
Ah look, he has the solution!!!

Should I solve this topic yet????

Na, i'm going to keep it open!
« Last Edit: 01 Jun 2003, 23:20:48 by BMGARCANGEL <BrendanG> »