Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Can't kill animated character  (Read 1338 times)

captain canada

Can't kill animated character
« on: 02 Sep 2002, 10:08:02 »
I've set it up so that when you go into a room General Guba in sitting on a chair, yet when you shoot him he does not die.
I've set it up as so that there is waypoint with: this switchmove "FXStandUnivTable"  in the  on activation field.
I can not Guba to sit exactly on a chair I placed near him and the WP.
I've also tried to set up a trigger (activated by the west and sync'd to another waypoint) with: this switchmove"FXStandSurDown" in the on activation field, so that Guba would stand up and put his hands on his head, both animations work in sequence, but you still can't kill him.

OPF FREAK

Re:Can't kill animated character
« Reply #1 on: 02 Sep 2002, 12:18:59 »
put a trigger around guba so it will go of when you shoot him and in the activation put Guba (name of unit) switchmove "Standsurdead"  

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #2 on: 02 Sep 2002, 13:01:53 »
or add the word 'end' to those animations - that will, well, end the animation.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #3 on: 02 Sep 2002, 14:01:57 »
My preffered way is to make a trigger with;

(GetDammage UnitName)>0

And the activation is;

UnitName SwitchMove ""

Now when he gets even a little wounded he will stand up, and then die when hes killed.

captain canada

« Reply #4 on: 02 Sep 2002, 22:57:46 »
Thank you all for your replies. I should have prefaced my questions by stating that I'm a newbie to Opflash editing. I tried all of your suggestions The scenario is this : you walk into a room where Guba is seated, he stands up to surrender and  then you have to shoot him to complete the objective

So I set it up as such:
A waypoint for Guba with this switchmove "FXStandUnivTable" in the on activation field
Then another WP with: this switchmove"FXStandSurDown" in the on activation field
I linked a trigger with this switchmove"FXStandSurDown" in the on activation field  to be triggered by the west to that way point.

Then I put in another trigger with (GetDammage guba)>0 in the condition field and guba SwitchMove "" in the on activation field

Re OPF freak advice,
I couldn't get it to work properly

To Messiah: by adding end to this switchmove"FXStandSurDownend" it just jumped to the end of the animation and I wasn't able to kill Guba

To icarus, your advice seemed to work the best.

I would like to offer this suggestion to you and other forum members. Your help and advice is greatly appreciated, but there are many others like myself are not programmers and I find that in many of the replies it is assumed that the poster has either programming skills or a rudimentary understanding of the editor syntax. I actually had to cobble together several posts from different forums to get something to work, only to find out that the reply poster forgot to mention a ; or a ( ).If you see a future post from me ,please feel free to reply in idiot speak!!!!

"Today is a good day to die"

captain canada

animation timings
« Reply #5 on: 02 Sep 2002, 23:02:34 »
I would also like to know if you can control the length of the animations or the delay times in the triggers.
Do you adjust the MIn/MAX/MID parameters in the trigger set up? and if so what numbers are used for seconds and minutes?

Gameer_77

« Reply #6 on: 02 Sep 2002, 23:24:22 »
I don't think you can control the speed of an animation (I think they're is a command in resistance but thats advanced) but you can set the delay for a trigger. Min, Max, and Mid all control the delay (or timeout, don't worry about that  ;)).

So if i wanted the trigger to activate in 10 seconds i would put 10 into each of the boxes. If on the other hand i would like a more random time, i would put, say, 5 into the min, 15 into the max and 10 into the mid.

Hope that helps :-*

8) PEACE