Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Combat swimmer released  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Matthijs

• Members
  • Qua Patet Orbis
    • The Chain of Command / mods.kmarns.net
Combat swimmer released
« on: 16 May 2003, 21:43:41 »

Units have an unspecific nationality. They may be used as SEAL, SBS, Froedmanskorpset, Kust Jaeger, or any other swimming unit.

Frogmen are amongst the most illustrious of modern combat units in the Special Operations field. It's no wonder names like "Navy SEAL" and "Special Boat Squadron" bring to mind images of daring reconnaissance, rescue, and sabotage missions, deep within enemy territory, deploying from land, sea, or air. The Chain of Command is proud to present to you a fully functional combat diver for Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.

FEATURES
The Chain of Command's mission is "To Develop a dynamic and realistic battlefield for platoon/company/battalion-sized conflicts within Operation Flashpoint by advancing the Operation Flashpoint game engine to its max." Picking up on Walker's original wetsuit-addon, the combat diver has the characteristics of a "normal" SpecOps unit. Combat divers however, are trained in deployment using the LAR VII rebreather, which enables them to approach any shore unnoticed. After getting on land, they will be able to put the rebreather in a safe spot, or carry it with them during the mission.

IMPORTANT NOTE: AI HAS PROBLEMS USING SWIMMING EQUPMENT.

We from CoC cannot guarantee the safety of you or your team, if you let AI control any combat swimmers.

DOWNLOAD COMBAT SWIMMER ADDON:
http://mods.kmarns.net/download/CoC_diver_v1.0.zip

The following download is a test-mission, not yet ready for release, but it might be valuable to mission makers/scripters. It contains (besides some bugs) a very simple AI helper, that lets AI follow the first human player in a group.

DOWNLOAD BETA DEMO MISSION:
http://mods.kmarns.net/download/CoCSabotage.Noe.zip

registered_fugitiv

Re:Combat swimmer released
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2003, 02:46:52 »
awesome job guys :thumbsup:
cant wait for all the awesome missions were gonna get ;D

Marsuitor

« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2003, 01:29:55 »
Real sweet work Matthijs, same goes to the rest of the CoC team!

I have a little question though,
Would it be possible to make a kitbag that would fit onto the soldier kind of the same way as the rebreather? It would allow the carrying soldier to, once ashore, drop the bag and let the team pick up more mission specific equipment (LAW's, BAS Radio ruck etc).

Also (I'm not sure if i'm allowed :P), i tried to edit the .cpp to change the loadout to BAS weapons, but i got an error message. I take it this was done intentionally by the CoC team. Any chance you could tell us how to edit the .cpp, or if not, make a version of it with BAS weaponry instead of standard BIS stuff?
Also a script or something to change the soldier model from diver to something more standard (Kampfschwimmer, SEAL or something) once ashore would be nice as well.

Anyway, can't wait to start making night recce and DA missions now... Great work lads! ;)
« Last Edit: 18 May 2003, 02:28:25 by Marsuitor »

Marsuitor

« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2003, 02:22:25 »
Ok, if anyone's interested, i've written some inits for the divers giving them BAS Delta/Ranger weaponry instead of standard BIS stuff (Of course, you'll need the BAS Delta/Ranger addon to get this to work).
Download the attached file, or cut and paste into the units init line from here:

BAS M4-ACOG Reflex:
removeAllWeapons this;this addWeapon "coc_lar7";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addWeapon "bas_m4reflex";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addWeapon "nvgoggles";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addWeapon "glock";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addMagazine "smokeshell"

BAS M4-ACOG:
removeAllWeapons this;this addWeapon "coc_lar7";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addWeapon "bas_m4ACOG";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addWeapon "nvgoggles";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addWeapon "glock";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addMagazine "smokeshell"

BAS M4-ACOG Reflex M203:
removeAllWeapons this;this addWeapon "coc_lar7";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_M433grenade";this addWeapon "BAS_M4REFLEXM203";this addMagazine "BAS_M433grenade";this addMagazine "BAS_M433grenade";this addMagazine "BAS_M433grenade";this addMagazine "BAS_M433grenade";this addMagazine "BAS_M433grenade";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addWeapon "nvgoggles";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addWeapon "glock";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addMagazine "smokeshell"

BAS M4-ACOG Reflex Masterkey:
removeAllWeapons this;this addWeapon "coc_lar7";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_MKshell";this addMagazine "BAS_MKshell";this addMagazine "BAS_MKshell";this addWeapon "BAS_M4MKReflex";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addWeapon "nvgoggles";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addWeapon "glock";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addMagazine "smokeshell"

BAS Suppressed MP-5 w/CompM2:
removeAllWeapons this;this addWeapon "coc_lar7";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "BAS_MP5SDMag";this addWeapon "BAS_MP5SDAIMPOINT";this addMagazine "BAS_MP5SDMag";this addMagazine "BAS_MP5SDMag";this addMagazine "BAS_MP5SDMag";this addMagazine "BAS_MP5SDMag";this addWeapon "nvgoggles";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addWeapon "Glock";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addMagazine "smokeshell"

BAS M24 Sniper:
removeAllWeapons this;this addWeapon "coc_lar7";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "BAS_M24mag";this addWeapon "BAS_M24SWS";this addMagazine "BAS_M24Mag";this addMagazine "BAS_M24Mag";this addMagazine "BAS_M24Mag";this addMagazine "BAS_M24Mag";this addWeapon "nvgoggles";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addWeapon "glock";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addMagazine "smokeshell"

BAS M4-ACOG Reflex w/2 dems charges:
removeAllWeapons this;this addweapon "coc_lar7";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addWeapon "bas_m4reflex";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addMagazine "BAS_m4mag";this addWeapon "nvgoggles";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addWeapon "glock";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addMagazine "pipebomb";this addMagazine "pipebomb";this addMagazine "handgrenade"

BAS Suppressed MP-5 CompM2 w/2 dems charges:
removeAllWeapons this;this addweapon "coc_lar7";this addMagazine "handgrenade";this addMagazine "BAS_MP5SDMag";this addWeapon "BAS_MP5SDAIMPOINT";this addMagazine "BAS_MP5SDMag";this addMagazine "BAS_MP5SDMag";this addMagazine "BAS_MP5SDMag";this addMagazine "BAS_MP5SDMag";this addWeapon "nvgoggles";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addWeapon "glock";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addMagazine "glockmag";this addMagazine "pipebomb";this addMagazine "pipebomb"
« Last Edit: 18 May 2003, 20:15:34 by Marsuitor »

Apocalypse4

« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2003, 12:43:32 »
+6
is addon rocks, bt one thing, as soon as you go in water, AI think youve disappeared and stop attacking
 ??? wierd
Great addon by the Chain of Command boys, amazing what you can do with a computer, OFP, Scripts, a gun, a kidnapped computer dude and a nuclear device

Mr_Shady

« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2003, 20:00:20 »
I personally like having the AI stop attacking once you're under. I've already done some pretty cool stunts, like jumping over a river on my KLR-250 while being shot at, then ejecting and splashing safely into the water and paddling off.

Now, all we need are some new boats. Canoes, Gemini inflatibles and Rigid Raiders are at the top of my list  :)

tankieboy

« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2003, 15:15:43 »
Fantastic Matthijs and team, thankyou.

Thanks to Marsuitor to. Very usefull.

Offline Matthijs

• Members
  • Qua Patet Orbis
    • The Chain of Command / mods.kmarns.net
« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2003, 19:49:24 »
+6
is addon rocks, bt one thing, as soon as you go in water, AI think youve disappeared and stop attacking
 ??? wierd
Great addon by the Chain of Command boys, amazing what you can do with a computer, OFP, Scripts, a gun, a kidnapped computer dude and a nuclear device

You better watch out. If get too close to them (closer than about 2m) while in the water, they will notice you, and start lobbing grenades.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2003, 20:28:07 »
Eek. Damn my shrapnel alergy!  ;D

tankieboy

« Reply #9 on: 22 May 2003, 16:12:51 »
Is there a good map out with lots of islands?

Marsuitor

« Reply #10 on: 22 May 2003, 20:44:53 »
I believe there's some island called "Archipelago". It's basically a huge water covered area with three smaller pacific type islands in the middle. One with a small base and a helipad on, and two with tall mountains. Should be avail over at ofp.info.

I think it's quite good...
« Last Edit: 22 May 2003, 20:50:41 by Marsuitor »