Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: british tanks  (Read 7624 times)

rancor_man67

Re:british tanks
« Reply #30 on: 11 Jun 2003, 01:35:58 »
Looking Great!!!! Keep it up!

swift88

« Reply #31 on: 11 Jun 2003, 11:28:16 »
im gonna add the fv432 and sultan 2nite

swift88

« Reply #32 on: 11 Jun 2003, 11:32:58 »
could some one help me with the CPP for the warrior, and or the adding it into operation flashpoint (i know its not meant to be in this part of the forums) ditto with this fv432, ive just put this through o2. this is a portable command and control tank. I also plan to build a morter, ambulance and swingfire version of the 432. Maybe even a mine clearer if i can figur eout how to build one
[img removed]fv432o2.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2003, 15:56:18 by swift88 »

tankieboy

« Reply #33 on: 25 Jun 2003, 13:52:45 »
Hows it going Swift?

swift88

« Reply #34 on: 25 Jun 2003, 18:13:14 »
errrrrm gulf war mod have taken over op's, ill get some screen shots later in the day

tankieboy

« Reply #35 on: 25 Jun 2003, 18:34:48 »
errrrrm gulf war mod have taken over op's, ill get some screen shots later in the day

So you have whored yourself to the Gulf War Mod  ;)

Screens would be great mate  :D

swift88

« Reply #36 on: 25 Jun 2003, 18:44:48 »
well if u read d signature, ull find im a 3d modeller of operation gulf war crisis !! HEHEHE  ;D
any way back on topic, ill be making a number of variants of the tanks......... and im considering to build the oshkosh which will be used in the brit army replacing the scammell

tankieboy

« Reply #37 on: 25 Jun 2003, 18:53:54 »
Sorry to stupid to notice signatures...

Look forward to your fantastic work comming out.

Keep it up buddy  :)

<I have a sig to>
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2003, 18:56:59 by tankieboy »

swift88

« Reply #38 on: 26 Jun 2003, 00:59:03 »
dont u hate ppl who dont keep promises !!!  ah well, quaker says that he hasnt touch my model  :-\ but im sure that it doesnt bother u?  :'(
any way keep u informed.
swift

tankieboy

« Reply #39 on: 26 Jun 2003, 01:30:14 »
Bugger I was hoping for some progress

Leone

« Reply #40 on: 28 Jun 2003, 06:31:36 »
OPGWC are good how they release things conistantly, wish we worked that quick, however I find not enough time is spent on getting them visually accurAte in both the model and textures, an area Im over fussy on, which is why I dont get the work done that quick.

Quality not Quantity as they say ;-)

Perhaps our goals are different. OPGWC's goal is not to release incredibly high quality addons, like BAS, DKM, MARFY etc etc. Our goal is to release to total conversion mod of OFP that takes place in the 1991 Gulf War. Because of the huge number of addons involved (and I really mean huge) the are the occassional sacrifices re Quality/Quantity.

It should be fairly obvious to most I think that if when tried to make every single addon at the highest quality to project as a whole would never be finished. To give you an idea, have a look at BAS. How many addons have they actually released? I can only find 4 addons available in their downloads section...all of really excellent quality and they have a much bigger team then we do. Their aims are different to ours of course. We will have 20+ land vehicle addons alone (not even starting to count air, soldiers, weapons islands, buildings, objects). That's because our aims are different.

Make sense?  :)

Offline Jonno

• Former Staff
  • (retired)
« Reply #41 on: 28 Jun 2003, 11:18:38 »
every man to their own, personally I prefer a few excellent addons than masses of avarage addons, however I know what you mean about the time it takes, its a lot of work even if you dont go for that little bit extra its still a lot to do, however I must say, your addons have improved over at OPGWC that Challenger was apalling, forgive me for being honest, but some of the later stuff is much better.

Good luck, practice makes perfect ;-)
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2003, 11:19:46 by Jonno »
7 P's, Proper Planning And Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

swift88

« Reply #42 on: 28 Jun 2003, 15:18:30 »
well jonno we all like a good model, but is it really worth waiting 10weeks just for one model (dont use me as an example tankie ;D) :-\ any way looking forward to your challenger and UKF's work.......
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2003, 15:19:50 by swift88 »

Mr_Shady

« Reply #43 on: 28 Jun 2003, 16:18:55 »
To be honest, the only mod I'm waiting on is the Falklands mod, who've took the opposite approach to OPGWC. Personally, I'd rather wait for a really accurate, well done and well excecuted mod than download something that wasn't half as accurate. But I'm one of those "I'll download it when it's done" people, and nothing irritates me more than a rushed release because of people whining about nothing getting released. This isn't an attack on OPGWC, but nothing that they've released has really impressed me. The problem is with the quantity over quality approach is that your work will get compared to work that's been researched for months and made by a larger team.

But, anyway. Back to the tanks.

Is anyone going to make an ACCURATE Scorpion or Scimitar? I got excited about the Malvinas Conflict Scimitar, until I saw that it was about as accurate a.... a.... very innacurate thing. That's drunk.

swift88

« Reply #44 on: 30 Jun 2003, 17:49:46 »
here is a screenie of the fv432 in the game
[img removed]fv432i.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2003, 17:52:39 by swift88 »