Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: british tanks  (Read 7634 times)

Offline KevBaz

• Members
Re:british tanks
« Reply #15 on: 19 May 2003, 13:41:08 »
here u go vyper

http://www.concept-5.com/ukforces/

i prefer uk forces guys to the GWmod, but that just my personal opinion

desert_storm_dude

« Reply #16 on: 19 May 2003, 13:57:33 »
"You have a good mod there"

Here you go www.roughnecks.org/opgwc

swift88

« Reply #17 on: 19 May 2003, 18:39:02 »
I LIKE uk forces, but i recon the challenger will be too detailed to operate on the lower end of computers. (I like it v.much) i like the model though.
SWIFT (p.s wat units are u building at the moment)

Offline Jonno

• Former Staff
  • (retired)
« Reply #18 on: 19 May 2003, 20:09:54 »
True the Challenger 2 is at 2500 polys, 3500 faces and thats the finished article, compared to the 2500 the Challenger 1 model had, but its not an excessive count, so you'd have to either have alot of them on the map, or a really old PC, from checking other user made models in the past, iv seen many with alot higher counts, Im at around about the mid range count, I like to think ;-)

But to get it as accurate as I did it really required this sort of count, I myself wouldnt be happy if it was a very low count, as it wouldnt look as nice, and as accurate. Saying that, I have cut out some detail, thats where textures come in though :-)

If I do a version completely covered in gear then it would maybe be too high a count to have, which is a bit of a shame.

anyway,
adios  ;)
7 P's, Proper Planning And Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

swift88

« Reply #19 on: 20 May 2003, 17:52:02 »
ill have to agree with u, my models consist of high poly counts, but not as good as the quality models which are produced by uk or opgwc
« Last Edit: 20 May 2003, 17:55:06 by swift88 »

tankieboy

« Reply #20 on: 23 May 2003, 16:36:43 »
Any new pic's Swift me old china?

swift88

« Reply #21 on: 05 Jun 2003, 12:55:24 »
before i give out a few screen shots of d models im just gonna say dat ive reworked d models. because they r really annoying me. theres gaps in the hull that shows up on opf, that wasnt there before  >:( any way im sure that ill release a few shots in about a day or 2 ??? btw OPGWC is looking really cool http://www.roughnecks.org/opgwc/default.asp

DeLiltMon

« Reply #22 on: 05 Jun 2003, 13:37:42 »
If that's as a result of importing it into O2, it could be that the face just needs reversing or it could be that the import has screwed up somewhere along the line, try running it through Anim8tor again, I had that problem when I imported the Landrover model from Milkshape many moons ago.

swift88

« Reply #23 on: 05 Jun 2003, 13:47:30 »
another question? does o2 ever give up on errors, or is it a really bad egine to run off?
ive imported all my tanks for 3dsmax, and they either parts end up upside down, or theres parts that are not wanted (i know this isnt relevant to the rest)

DeLiltMon

« Reply #24 on: 05 Jun 2003, 13:55:31 »
That could be the import, the first time I imported the landrover model it ended up face down with missing faces, I tried it again and it was fine :-\

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #25 on: 05 Jun 2003, 13:56:46 »
here u go vyper

http://www.concept-5.com/ukforces/

i prefer uk forces guys to the GWmod, but that just my personal opinion

cheers :thumbsup:

but its now: www.ballistic-studios.com/ukforces  ;)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

swift88

« Reply #26 on: 05 Jun 2003, 14:59:41 »
i think uk forces is gud, but they dont have enough textures.............. operation gulf war crisis is really cool, because they have the scimitar. scorpian, the landrovers, the seaking a aircraft carrier, the LAV, and tonnes of other cool realistic units
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2003, 15:05:00 by swift88 »

Offline Jonno

• Former Staff
  • (retired)
« Reply #27 on: 05 Jun 2003, 17:54:37 »
you mean texturers ;-)
true we could do with another experienced texture artist or two, but then most mods would say that too. ;-)

Iv actually taken a 2 week break from editing myself, work has been very busy, but got 3 days of this weekend so gonna get some done.

OPGWC are good how they release things conistantly, wish we worked that quick, however I find not enough time is spent on getting them visually accurAte in both the model and textures, an area Im over fussy on, which is why I dont get the work done that quick.

Quality not Quantity as they say ;-)
7 P's, Proper Planning And Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

DeLiltMon

« Reply #28 on: 05 Jun 2003, 19:32:58 »
OGWC are actually using my old beta model landies, I've since binned that model and made a new one from scratch, matbe some of Jonno's perfectionism has rubbed off on me ;)

swift88

« Reply #29 on: 10 Jun 2003, 21:59:18 »
ive finally bothered to start the production of the models in O2, and have just began the warrior tank
[img removed]warrior_o2.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2003, 22:08:58 by swift88 »