Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Night sticks and rubber bullets  (Read 1865 times)

Yippyfn

Night sticks and rubber bullets
« on: 03 May 2003, 13:58:35 »
Does anyone know where I can find an addon I downlaoded a while back, I think from G8: Urban War? It had people like Gimbal's Tossers, but when they died they put their hands on their heads like they were surrendering. The soldiers had night sticks and riot shields, and guns that shot rubber bullets.

Yahoo

Re:Night sticks and rubber bullets
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2003, 17:39:28 »
yeah i was wondering about them no one seems to have them up for download

Yippyfn

« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2003, 04:46:02 »
Can anyone offer an ??? answer to this mystery? ???

Frosty

« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2003, 04:47:25 »
I have it... ill upload it to my host.
But the addon only works well on versions less than 1.46

Italian Police Units 1.2 + Demonstrators
http://www.netspace.net.au/~cullinan/units_1_2.zip

Old H&K Weapons Pack
http://www.netspace.net.au/~cullinan/HK_wp_1_0.zip

Old Uzi Weapons pack
http://www.netspace.net.au/~cullinan/UZI_wp_1_0.zip
« Last Edit: 04 May 2003, 04:51:16 by Frosty »

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2003, 14:55:24 »
Did you know rubber bullets in Isreal killed more people then real bullets in 1994 and people tought rubber bullets were safer

Mr_Shady

« Reply #5 on: 04 May 2003, 15:20:34 »
That's like saying that flu kills more people on average than the plague, since more rubber bullets would have been fired than proper bullets.

Rubber (or nylon, which they're made out of now) bullets are actually very dangerous things. It's not like they just wind you, if one hit you in the ribs you could come out of it with a crushed lung and broken ribs. If one hits you in the face, it'd be like getting hit in the face with a cricket ball fired from a cannon  :-\

The idea is to shoot them at the floor so the skitter at knee level and take people down like that, without doing any major damage, since a lot of kinetic energy is sapped when the bullet bounces off the floor. People seem to think that you can whang rubber bullets into crowds and not kill anyone, but that's far from the truth, considering a rubber bullet's basically a solid plastic 40mm grenade fired from an M79.

Yippyfn

« Reply #6 on: 04 May 2003, 19:43:51 »
Cool, thanks for the info. But Frosty, I think your link is broken. It might be my very bad and weird internet stuff, but I can't use that link. (Only one that works is the one that has Uzi on it)
« Last Edit: 04 May 2003, 19:49:19 by Yippyfn »

Yippyfn

« Reply #7 on: 04 May 2003, 19:53:08 »
Ok scratch that last post, I went to your units section on that sight, found it, and am currently downloading it. But what do you mean when you say it works best with 1.46 and below? Does it work at all with resistance?