Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: WWII Mods! They're all around us!  (Read 1648 times)

Yippyfn

WWII Mods! They're all around us!
« on: 02 May 2003, 11:41:46 »
There are so many great WWII mods and addons blossoming, wouldn't it be great if they all used one high quality weapons pack? It gets annoying trying to download paratroopers here with one weapons pack and some Rangers with another. I know it's probably an unrealistic wish, but what do ya'll think?

NoRSu

Re:WWII Mods! They're all around us!
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2003, 13:06:21 »
I agree, it would be great if different WW2 teams would make something different. I mean every team tries to make their own MP-40 when they could make something new like Russian vehicles, soldiers, planes, Afrika Korps etc.

Frosty

« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2003, 13:25:11 »
Well, my fatastically fantastic (;D not being bashful am I :D) campaigns are using addons already released compiled into one uber pack with proper OFPEC editing tags so I know what Im doing im adding in my campaign.

Yippyfn

« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2003, 15:47:17 »
I agree with you NoRSu. Maybe there could be one WWII weapons pack, and all the mods could contribute to it? (I'm just waiting for someone to shoot this idea down :))

Tell us when the campaign comes out Frosty. I wanna play it.

lawrie5

« Reply #4 on: 03 May 2003, 10:13:39 »
Well if its any comfort ww2vets is making a project called the

ww2 iniversal weapons pack,

its mentioned on the forums before but its an open community project to create a large weapons pack. Its what our infantry will be using (pics on AIA)

In any case the pack upgrades upminders with new optics, coding, ai usage, and adds 14 extra weapons (including japanese) its coming along okay, Frosty u should add me to ur msn!

Frosty

« Reply #5 on: 03 May 2003, 10:46:26 »
Sorry Lawrie, I don't have MSN :-\
I've got ICQ and IRC though, and theys all oddschool ;D
You damn well better make some japs and marines lawrie ;) cos wait sort of enlistment would it be in my campaign without the option to join the USMC

lawrie5

« Reply #6 on: 03 May 2003, 11:03:35 »
lol yeah i know its on the agenda, gavins already made japanese troop models and some basic textures, heres an example of some japanese gun models

Yippyfn

« Reply #7 on: 03 May 2003, 11:57:17 »
Cool. I hope everyone will start using the Universal Weapons pack.

lawrie5

« Reply #8 on: 03 May 2003, 12:47:43 »
man im spamming, the universal weapon pack is an option thats there, it will include a hell of a lot of weapons, but its their mostly for people who never liked making weapons but had too cos they couldnt use anyone elses without getting flack from them.

So if u want to make a trooper u can and can use this weapon, to encourage its usage our infantry (German first, then US and JAP packs) will use them, however its a direct upgrade of upminders pack so wont require existing recoding so its comptability and issue of comptability is central to the ideas we have for the pack.